Chemical Guys HydroSpeed Ceramic Quick Detailer?

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Has anyone tried the Chemical Guys HydroSpeed Ceramic Quick Detailer? I’m looking for an easy and relatively quick coating I can apply.

I fully understand this will not be as good as a professionally applied ceramic coating. I just can’t spend that money.
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Has anyone tried the Chemical Guys HydroSpeed Ceramic Quick Detailer? I’m looking for an easy and relatively quick coating I can apply.

I fully understand this will not be as good as a professionally applied ceramic coating. I just can’t spend that money.
I have some - came in a bundle with some other ceramic coating of theirs, though I can't find it on their website (it's a blue gel).

I use the ceramic quick detailer every so often after a wash to help maintain a base ceramic coating, and it works well in my experience.

As you said - it's nothing fancy, but would probably be better than nothing.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Applying a long lasting ceramic coating is not difficult. I had never done it previously, but I had very good results. DIY - the prep work is the most work, applying the ceramic coating actually takes less time. Avalon King Armor Shield IX is what I used, they have a black friday sale coming up very soon.
pan the organizer avalon king - YouTube these videos were helpful to me. I'm getting ready to do my GT now. If you do it yourself, the cost will be minimal.
A few quality microfiber cloths, iron remover, clay bar, and possibly bug and tar remover are needed for the prep work. I'm doing this a third time now.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Check out Technicians Choice Tec582.

I currently use it as a topper on top of my coating, reapplied every 4 weeks to maintain and keep the surface slick and hydrophobic. It goes on real easy and smooth, and comes off just the same. No streaks. Probably the best spray product I've used. My wife always comments how slick and smooth the surface feels when I reapply it. I also use it on the glass exterior, works similar to RainX or any of those water repellant products.

I bought it in the gallon size since it's ~ $20 for the 16 fl oz bottle, or $30-40 for a gallon. The gallon may last me 5+ years, though lol

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Check out Technicians Choice Tec582.
This!
I absolutely love Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray. Even though it is called a detail spray, it provides robust protection on its own. I think of it more like a ceramic-infused spray sealant. It smells great (like Pina Colada), feels super slick, adds noticeable gloss, and, at $40-$45 a gallon, it is a great value.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I used it to learn how to ceramic coat on my fiancés Volvo. It worked great, her paint was a little better and deeper color than my MME but it ended up looking fantastic.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Chemical Guys HydroSpeed Ceramic Quick Detailer? B1C50338-08D8-4E23-8E5B-CAF51D120633

I used GTechniq Chrystal Serum Light and GTechniq Exo-4 on my MME. It’s same difficulty level to install but man it is so glossy and is supposed to last a little bit longer than the hybrid ceramic waxes. It does cost quite a bit more at ~$90 for both products with enough to cover the MME. I definitely recommend either, and you could add the Exo-4 on top of the chemical brothers hybrid, it is an excellent product.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Chemical Guys HydroSpeed Ceramic Quick Detailer? E1CA8E24-8A20-4BDC-BE72-EE274F8FB7A4

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Jet Nova Boost is about the best QD you can get. Caution on pan the organizer and a bunch of other YouTube "reviewers". They are paid product reviewers and you'll notice they never have a bad product...better to check the guys who actually do durability tests on the products with many way comparisons.
Sponsored