Chevy's New EV Truck Announced

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Silverado EVolution: https://www.silveradoevolution.com/...10k-lbs-trailering-capacity-39-900-msrp.6439/

During its CES 2022 keynote address on Wednesday, GM CEO Mary Barra officially unveiled the new 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV, GM's second fully electric model built on the Ultium battery platform.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Chevy's New EV Truck Announced dims?image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yim

GM

The fully-electric full size pickup will be available in two versions when it arrives late next year; the RST First Edition and a WT model designed for fleet usage. Both will offer an estimated 400-mile range, accommodate up to 350 kW DC fast charging speeds (enabling 100 miles of range to be added in about 10 minutes), and include 10.2kW of offboard power to run anything from corded power tools to home accessories in the event of a power outage. The RST is expected to have up to 664 horsepower with more than 780 lb-ft of torque, run a 0-60 in under 4.5 seconds (according to GM estimates). The RST will be able to tow up to 10,000 pounds and carry 1,300 pounds of payload. The WT, on the other hand will offer 510 hp and 615 lb-ft of torque, 8,000 pounds of towing and 1,200 pounds of payload to start, though a max tow package able to haul up to 20,000 pounds trailering is in the works.

ADVERTISEMENT

"GM Fleet has long provided customers with great products and services, an exceptional customer experience and innovative solutions to meet their unique business needs,ā€ said Ed Peper, vice president of GM Fleet said in a prepared statement. ā€œWeā€™re excited to launch the Silverado EV, providing customers with a true work-capable truck to help them begin the transition to an electric fleet and assist them in achieving their own sustainability goals.ā€
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I watched the reveal. It brings a lot of good stuff to the table and in some ways I think it edges out the Lightning a bit. The price points are going to be a little tough. I saw that a leak confirmed the 39,900 for fleet vehicles but those first editions are going to be around 105k. That's kinda crazy. I was put off by the Lightning now pricing at around 80k for the "good" options. Seems the Silverado is a bit out of my comfort for pricing too.

Also, not a fan of the Avalanche throwback on the side there, BUT the mid-gate option kept by the Avalanche is pretty nice.

adam_thedad

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select (Route 1 on Order)
Country flag
Also, not a fan of the Avalanche throwback on the side there, BUT the mid-gate option kept by the Avalanche is pretty nice.
I thought the same thing about the Avalanche style bed. If you can get the 400 mile range on the WT line then might be worth it. I'm still never going to pay 100 grand for a truck.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
If anything. These SUPER HIGH PRICES are going to screw the manufacturers. Average folks buy these vehicles, not the kids of the Saudi Prince. ? I watched a few you tubes on the Ford Lightning. And to get it outfitted very nicely your tipping the 100k mark in price. People will STOP BUYING, than what? My humble 2 cents.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Seems pointless. It's a Hummer EV dressed up like a Chevy Avalanche at the ~same price. Not sure who would want to use an EV Avalanche as a work truck, particularly with the poor payload.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Seems pointless. It's a Hummer EV dressed up like a Chevy Avalanche at the ~same price. Not sure who would want to use an EV Avalanche as a work truck, particularly with the poor payload.
Iā€™m betting the ratio of # of trucks used for work/off-road vs number that never do that stuff is pretty low.

Kinda like how many SUVs never make it off the pavement.

The hard part is when they make ICE trucks illegal, they need a viable alternative for REAL work trucks.

Not sure how they will make an electric truck that will have the range and towing capacity (and range while towing) of a 3500 diesel.

Can you imagine this thing pulling into a charger on a trip across the country?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Chevy's New EV Truck Announced B272FE0C-0BDF-4A9D-81B5-3263E185A313

I imagine the vast majority of the Silverado EVs sold wonā€™t be for work.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
If anything. These SUPER HIGH PRICES are going to screw the manufacturers. Average folks buy these vehicles, not the kids of the Saudi Prince. ? I watched a few you tubes on the Ford Lightning. And to get it outfitted very nicely your tipping the 100k mark in price. People will STOP BUYING, than what? My humble 2 cents.
Thatā€™s not right. A very nicely equipped Lariat can be had for $75K. It jumps to 80 if you need the towing packages. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s not a lot of money, but 75 is nowhere near 100.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Thatā€™s not right. A very nicely equipped Lariat can be had for $75K. It jumps to 80 if you need the towing packages. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s not a lot of money, but 75 is nowhere near 100.
I read that to "nicely equipped". People like thier goodies and guess what, 75k is a lot of money for the average person. I was quoting the top end Platinum model, 100k easy out the door. No argument. Its just conversation. And EV manufacturers, WILL price themselves right out of the market. The problem is called "greed". Just my opinion. Dont mean a dam but to me.
Sponsored