Child car seat - what fits?

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
I need a rear-facing car seat for my 14 month grandchild that will be a good fit in the MME. I bought, and will return, a cheap COSCO model, and was unable to attach it securely with either the lap belt or the LATCH connectors. I don't want to spend a fortune, as she's just an occasional passenger for me, but I do want her to be safe.

Has anyone had a good experience?
Sponsored

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I have both a forward facing and rear facing Graco that fit great with no issues. In fact I love how I can fit a rear facing car seat and still have the front seats in a comfortable position and not all the way forward like my last car.

OP
OP

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
I have both a forward facing and rear facing Graco that fit great with no issues. In fact I love how I can fit a rear facing car seat and still have the front seats in a comfortable position and not all the way forward like my last car.
That's great news. Can you identify the model name or number? Graco makes several different ones. Also, do you have the rear-facing seat in one of the outboard positions, or in the center? And did you have to use a rolled-up towel or similar object under it to get a snug fit?

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
That's great news. Can you identify the model name or number? Graco makes several different ones. Also, do you have the rear-facing seat in one of the outboard positions, or in the center? And did you have to use a rolled-up towel or similar object under it to get a snug fit?
It's the Graco 4Ever all in one (model 1906081)... No towel necessary, just a lot of force (sitting in the seat with my knee down in it while pulling on the belt).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Child car seat - what fits? 20220604_155506

OP
OP

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
I've just ordered one. Through the magic of Amazon it will be here by 8 AM tomorrow. Thanks so much for taking the time to recommend and photograph it.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
We use a Britax, but it looks like you’ve got it covered!

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

Kachook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Piggybacking on another post, I got seat protectors for the seats they are on as well as a kick protector for the back of the driver seat and passenger seat (we have twins). Also, regarding position, I think there are only latch attachments on the outboard seats. So, for us it was an easy decision to only use the outboard seats. Granted, they are now in convertible seats and there’s only room for a kid in between the two seats, but that’s not a problem you’ll have any time soon.

OP
OP

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
Thanks all for the suggestions. The seat protector sounds like a great idea. It does look like a tight fit, and with two child seats there’s no way a third person is sitting back there.

Where’s my electric Ford Expedition?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Thanks all for the suggestions. The seat protector sounds like a great idea. It does look like a tight fit, and with two child seats there’s no way a third person is sitting back there.

Where’s my electric Ford Expedition?
I’d settle for an Explorer!

OP
OP

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
Just to close the loop on this, I've installed the recommended Graco seat, and it's perfect. Like all of them it's a royal pain in the uh.... seat to install if you take the trouble to do it right, but that's unavoidable. Everyone says to put your knee in the seat to exert enough force to tighten it. I'm sure there are humans whose size and flexibility allows them to easily do this in the cramped quarters of the MME, but I believe most of them are working for Cirque de Soleil.
Sponsored