Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Over the last month or so. I have noticed the car plays the chimes at random times. I hear it now when the liftgate is opened but not always. Sometimes when I park and at other apparently obscure times. I think I have identified at least 3 different patterns. 9 chimes in 3 groups of 3. 6 chimes in 3 groups of two and I think 4 chimes in 2 groups of two.

Anyone figure out what these mean and why I am hearing these now?

Last update was late Jan that I am aware of anyway....
Sponsored

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
I’ve heard random chimes on two occasions when I parked. I just rotated the headlamps to off and back to auto and they went away for me both times. Worth a try if you haven’t.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Over the last month or so. I have noticed the car plays the chimes at random times. I hear it now when the liftgate is opened but not always. Sometimes when I park and at other apparently obscure times. I think I have identified at least 3 different patterns. 9 chimes in 3 groups of 3. 6 chimes in 3 groups of two and I think 4 chimes in 2 groups of two.

I’ve noticed a chime I haven’t heard before when I open the lift gate sometimes, not sure what it is

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I noticed just this afternoon the triple-chime played repeatedly - I dunno 4 or 5 times - as I started up and backed out of the garage. I felt like the car was trying to tell me something, but have no idea what that might have been.

Edit: Maybe I was slow to fasten my seatbelt. The chimes seemed unusually persistent, but then again, I am not a very observant person. Seatbelt nag is the only chime mentioned in my owner's manual.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
There’s the occasional headlight chime, the random sync chime shortly after starting the vehicle (like a notification without a notification), and a short squeak when starting and stoping the car (sounds mechanical, not sure what it is yet). Those are the only questionable ones I get.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
After opening the trunk?

NO CLUE. I'd love to know! Mine does this every single time (I think??).

Before closing the trunk? I'm assuming it's like this warning:

I will have to experiment. I don't think mine plays the warning when closing unless it is foot activated. Pressing one of the buttons doesn't make the noise. I think......heck, I don't know. Will try and pay attention tomorrow and see. :)

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
After opening the trunk?

NO CLUE. I'd love to know! Mine does this every single time (I think??).

Before closing the trunk? I'm assuming it's like this warning:

This is also a new thing in the last month or so, hadn’t heard it before then, man this car is quirky

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
I heard a weird one yesterday when parking. I know the sound of the proximity sensor very well in that situation but this was a much more rapid and differently-pitched version. Sounded more like something you'd hear on a pinball machine than a car.

I've tried to replicate it several times over the past day but can't.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Good morning! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into these chime concerns for you on my end. Thanks!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I heard a weird one yesterday when parking. I know the sound of the proximity sensor very well in that situation but this was a much more rapid and differently-pitched version. Sounded more like something you'd hear on a pinball machine than a car.

I've tried to replicate it several times over the past day but can't.
I've heard that once or twice, too. Something is probably glitching out in the inter-module communications causing the beeps and bloops to failover to the instrument cluster speaker instead of the vehicle's audio system.

Sponsored