Chinese Mach E GT with no 5 second limit?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I feel this deserves its own thread:
Full video
https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1RM4y1w7nj?p=1

Hot lap-
https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1RM4y1w7nj?p=2

They finally tested a Mach E GT in China. From what I can gather, there’s no “unbridled extend“ mode and it doesn’t look like any power reduction during their hot lap around the track.

Who can translate? And anyone know if the GT uses a different battery?

From what I read (old info) the lesser models have smaller batteries and a different manufacturer than the US. But I read the GT has the same KWh as we do (not sure on the manufacturer though).
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I’d be worried about that lol

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
This is discouraging and may mean there is no solution for LG battery powered MMEs. That sucks.

Reactions: SWO

Greymalken

First Name
Grey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT EX4
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
This is discouraging and may mean there is no solution for LG battery powered MMEs. That sucks.
Have we tried using mayonnaise as thermal paste?

kidding. Hopefully a work around is found.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I think the Chinese Mustang Mach E is a fundamentally different vehicle than the one released in the rest of the world - it just shares some body panel styling.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They do, but I can’t find any details about the GT batteries.

The regular Mach E in China use a smaller battery and have worse acceleration and slower charging than the equivalent Mach E here.

From here:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...een-us-mach-e-and-chinese-mach-e.14056/page-4

Last and most significant difference, the CN version has a different battery setup with the base trim only getting 61.5 kwh battery capacity and the long range only getting 80 kwh, which is a significant downgrade from the NA version, and the base trim only support 7kw charging while the long range support 13kw.
However trade off for having so much less battery is that the 0-100km/h time has improved to 6.2s for the base trim and 6.5s for the long range”

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Solution would be to source Chinese batteries, or do a battery swap when ford changes them for NA, and port the software. If that’s the component that’s causing the issue.

Or have an eluminator crate motor put in the premium 4X and be quicker without those pesky safety limitations! 🤔

Or get a tuner/programmer/hacker to figure out where the 5 second rule is buried in the GT, and delete it. 🫣

It could be done, but not easily or safely at the moment. I’m rooting for someone testing option 2 because I have a premium 4X and seems the easiest depending on how the software and motor connections are set up. I may look into it if I keep the car long enough to not be worried about powertrain warranty which is about 3yrs until I hit 100k miles. Seems like a fun project, but coilovers are first on my list of major upgrades anyway.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
coilovers are first on my list of major upgrades anyway.
Same here. You will probably do it first and I know a lot of people will be interested to hear about your experience. So please share when it is done!

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Solution would be to source Chinese batteries, or do a battery swap when ford changes them for NA, and port the software. If that’s the component that’s causing the issue.

Or have an eluminator crate motor put in the premium 4X and be quicker without those pesky safety limitations! 🤔

Or get a tuner/programmer/hacker to figure out where the 5 second rule is buried in the GT, and delete it. 🫣

It could be done, but not easily or safely at the moment. I’m rooting for someone testing option 2 because I have a premium 4X and seems the easiest depending on how the software and motor connections are set up. I may look into it if I keep the car long enough to not be worried about powertrain warranty which is about 3yrs until I hit 100k miles. Seems like a fun project, but coilovers are first on my list of major upgrades anyway.
It’s a big question of “if that’s the component….” Definitely need more details on cooling, sensors, battery details and if there are any limits we just don’t see in the video.

If the way to remove a 5 second limit means all my menus will be in Chinese…….. I may take that swap. 😂

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
We are hoping/praying for the fix/update but somehow I don’t think our disappointment is on top of Ford’s plan which is a big DISAPPOINTMENT

I may sell my GTPE within the year so watever Ford
I want the Lightning though ;):cool::p

babyplex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE, 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
Watched the first video and here's what they said.

The host starting the video mentioning that the CN Mach E GT performance unit:
  1. has responsive steering
  2. has a stiff chasis for an SUV (comparable to GLA 45 AMG, etc)
  3. feels like an v8 ICE mustang in power delivery and performance
Video then went over to track driver Nana who took the car on track. She made the comment that the stock tires (looks like the same ones we have) overheats in track and they swapped them out for the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R ones with a higher temperature tolerance. It appears as well that they went with a wider tyre for track, and Nana mentioned that the car can totally take wider tyres with its original setup.

After taking the car fast on the track, they then took the car drifting. Nana even gave instructions on drifting (lol) and mentioned that the car holds power even during drift on its rear. She then challenged the host to a drifting contest, to which they involved both camera men in the car.

In closing, Nana mentioned that she's driven many electric cars, but what she likes about the Mustang Mach E GT is that it had been programmed better than others with a better 'logic' (assumingly in getting power down to the ground). She mentioned as well that what she didn't like involved:
  1. the stock (performance edition) rims and tires.
  2. the OEM seats (looks like a normal mach e seat) that couldn't brace her during corners/drift
It did seem to me that there was no 5 second limiter to power delivery through the video, although it was not specifically mentioned in the video.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Watched the first video and here's what they said.

The host starting the video mentioning that the CN Mach E GT performance unit:
  1. has responsive steering
  2. has a stiff chasis for an SUV (comparable to GLA 45 AMG, etc)
  3. feels like an v8 ICE mustang in power delivery and performance
Video then went over to track driver Nana who took the car on track. She made the comment that the stock tires (looks like the same ones we have) overheats in track and they swapped them out for the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R ones with a higher temperature tolerance. It appears as well that they went with a wider tyre for track, and Nana mentioned that the car can totally take wider tyres with its original setup.

After taking the car fast on the track, they then took the car drifting. Nana even gave instructions on drifting (lol) and mentioned that the car holds power even during drift on its rear. She then challenged the host to a drifting contest, to which they involved both camera men in the car.

In closing, Nana mentioned that she's driven many electric cars, but what she likes about the Mustang Mach E GT is that it had been programmed better than others with a better 'logic' (assumingly in getting power down to the ground). She mentioned as well that what she didn't like involved:
  1. the stock (performance edition) rims and tires.
  2. the OEM seats (looks like a normal mach e seat) that couldn't brace her during corners/drift
It did seem to me that there was no 5 second limiter to power delivery through the video, although it was not specifically mentioned in the video.
Given her attention to specific track readiness as the OEM tires getting greasy with heat, I’m sure it’s safe to say she would’ve mentioned any 5 second limitation.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I wonder if it is as "simple" as finding the module that has the 5 second limit and loading the Chinese version of the firmware into that module....
Sponsored