Cigarette Adaptor Power - stays on how long after turning off car?

ItsFootballTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Mach-e GT (on order)
Country flag
All, silly question but couldn't find anything about this in the forum. How long Is the cigarette adaptor on the MachE supposed to stay on after you turn off the car? I'm getting mixed results with my car. I I have a dashcam attached to the cigarette adaptor and sometimes the dashcam turns off after a few minutes and at other times it stays on for quite a bit longer (still on after 15 minutes). So it's making me wonder a) does the MachE cigarette adaptor actually shut the power off (heard the focus doesnt?) and b) if it does power down, is the time variable (wondering if the difference in shutoff times that I'm seeing is because of the dashcam and not the adpator).
Sponsored

redMachE22

First Name
Colins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red Mach E GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I recently also discovered that my dashcam is not turning off after the car is turned off. I don't recall it was like before. Does anyone know why? My dashcam is not in parking mode, meaning it is not suppose to stay on at all.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I'm not sure of the Mach-E's default setting for 12V outlet standby but you can adjust using FORScan. I've done this on my previous vehicles, allowing them to stay on longer to keep a 12V cooler operational.
Sponsored