Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
original story below but TL;DR: already a couple of stations in place and they are building a second location. the story doesn't make it clear what they are, but a PlugShare search suggests this is the first one mentioned: City of Canton - DC Fast Electric Car Charging - 420 2nd St NW, Canton, OH - PlugShare PlugShare doesn't say but ChargePoint says it's 62.5 kW so not super fast charging but at least it's not 50 kW I guess.

City of Canton installing 2 charging stations for electric cars (news5cleveland.com)

CANTON, Ohio — If you build it, they will come. The City of Canton says it is lagging behind when it comes to electric car drivers.

It’s hoping to get people to shift gears towards electric vehicles by opening new electric car charging stations in the city.

The stations are opening at two new locations across Canton, with the goal of easy access.

City leaders say it’s all about making Canton a better place for the people who live there.

“In Canton we're always looking to be more sustainable, greener, how can we improve the quality of life and look out for the environment?" said City Engineer Dan Moeglin.

When the city found out about a grant from AEP to install charging stations, officials jumped at the chance for funding and applied.

They were awarded two grants worth $300,000.

“We have the opportunity to impact our transportation network and try to make things more green,” Moeglin said.

Right now, you can power up your electric car on East Tuscarawas Street downtown, right off of State Route 30. The second location is opening soon.

‘It's literally right off I-77, but people have great access to the Hall of Fame, to the park system itself,” Moeglin said. “They can park and do their thing and enjoy some of the activities while they're charging."

Both lots are high speed and low cost.

“We have a $1 fee for the session charge, so once you open up the pump so to speak you have a $1 charge and then 25 cents per minute after that,” Moeglin said. “Theoretically people can fill up at our units for about $6”

Moeglin said the city isn’t trying to make a profit, and rates were set with the goal of breaking even.

The I-77 station should be open in about two weeks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
indeed I didn't look that closely at that thread. my mistake :)