Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
To get the 1500 dollar credit the dealer has to apply and get approved. Once they are a part of the program they are supposed to subtract the 1500 dollars from the sale price and then have you sign the clean fuel agreement so that they can get the 1500 dollar rebate sent to them. THe rebate will go to the dealer after they subtract the 1500 from the sale price of the car. I do not think my dealer understood how this works very well and I had to do some research to understand it. IT is to late from me to get it. But I told my dealer I will sign the paper so they still can get it. Call it learning curve. Just thought I would share this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Clean Fuel Award 1613671717502
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
To get the 1500 dollar credit the dealer has to apply and get approved. Once they are a part of the program they are supposed to subtract the 1500 dollars from the sale price and then have you sign the clean fuel agreement so that they can get the 1500 dollar rebate sent to them. THe rebate will go to the dealer after they subtract the 1500 from the sale price of the car. I do not think my dealer understood how this works very well and I had to do some research to understand it. IT is to late from me to get it. But I told my dealer I will sign the paper so they still can get it. Call it learning curve. Just thought I would share this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Clean Fuel Award 1613671717502
So, did you get the $1500 off the cost of the car?

Originally the rebate was a consumer rebate and was mailed back to you directly. Probably have to go through all of this for legal reasons as you're now directing the rebate back to the dealer (in exchange for the $1500 up front).

Good to know that we need to sign additional paperwork to ensure the dealer gets their $$.

OP
OP
Dafstang

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
So, did you get the $1500 off the cost of the car?

Originally the rebate was a consumer rebate and was mailed back to you directly. Probably have to go through all of this for legal reasons as you're now directing the rebate back to the dealer (in exchange for the $1500 up front).

Good to know that we need to sign additional paperwork to ensure the dealer gets their $$.
I did not, becasue they told me it is something I do myself, which according to the plan is not right. I contacted the dealer and told them how it is supposed to work, they actually are going to redo the paperwork have me come in and sign it , they will send it into the clean fuel award program, when they get the check they will issue a refund back to me. I thought that was nice, they also honored the xplan pricing and gave me the extra 100 discount. THey just did not know how this works. They do now
Sponsored