Clean Vehicle Grant

Brian-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E X Premium
Country flag
Who has applied for the California Clean Air Grant?

I applied at the end of January and don’t expect to hear back for 3 months.

For anyone unfamiliar, this is a $5000 grant to be used as a down payment. You must receive approval prior to purchasing the car. It has income limits and only select dealers are on the approved list.
More info here: https://cleanvehiclegrants.org/
Sponsored

Gaigan71

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Grey Route 1
Occupation
Education
Country flag
Who has applied for the California Clean Air Grant?

I applied at the end of January and don’t expect to hear back for 3 months.

For anyone unfamiliar, this is a $5000 grant to be used as a down payment. You must receive approval prior to purchasing the car. It has income limits and only select dealers are on the approved list.
More info here: https://cleanvehiclegrants.org/

I did and I was approved. It is valid from 125 days from issuance and also provides $2k for level 2 charger installation. It took a little over 2 months for mine to come through. My dealer is on the approved list.

Gaigan71

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Grey Route 1
Occupation
Education
Country flag
Yes, it does require income verification.

I learned that you can also stack it with the regular rebate. A potential $7k on the table for CA drivers for those 2 programs.

Fredo

First Name
Fredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mazda 3 hatchback
Country flag
The only setback will be you can't use Ford option as you have to use the state credit system to furnish your purchase.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep... I'm pushing the button next week. I'm at the last step. April 19th is my build date so end of may is my ETA. Should hit it just right.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The only setback will be you can't use Ford option as you have to use the state credit system to furnish your purchase.
Not true from the web site - Choosing Beneficial State Bank’s 8% interest rate loan could save you money if you qualify. You can also get financing from a lender of your choice, but it must have a 12% interest rate or below.

Fredo

First Name
Fredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mazda 3 hatchback
Country flag
Not true from the web site - Choosing Beneficial State Bank’s 8% interest rate loan could save you money if you qualify. You can also get financing from a lender of your choice, but it must have a 12% interest rate or below.
It will be great if your dealership allows you to do so. You need to check if your dealership is listed as approved dealership too. I contacted mine and they said they will not apply for the program.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It will be great if your dealership allows you to do so. You need to check if your dealership is listed as approved dealership too. I contacted mine and they said they will not apply for the program.
They do ,(Fremont Ford), I I changed dealership just for that reason. The do Ford Option, x-plan, and the grant program.

utena

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
370z
Country flag
I did and I was approved. It is valid from 125 days from issuance and also provides $2k for level 2 charger installation. It took a little over 2 months for mine to come through. My dealer is on the approved list.
That's good. When did you applied to the program? I applied on JAN 30th so Maybe I have to wait more 30 days...BTW My Mach-E ETA arrive MAR 6th.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
[/QUOTE]
Add in Fed rebate, x-plan, "options" financing, and home charger grant, and all of the sudden you hit at around $17 thousand.

Fed rebate - $75000
Cal Clean Vehicle grant - $5000
Cal Clean Vehicle Home Charger install $2000
Cal Clean Vehicle Reward - $1500
Cal Crean Vehicle Rebate - $2000
X-Plan - $875
Ford Options rebate - $2500

$21,375.00.
Yes, it does require income verification.

I learned that you can also stack it with the regular rebate. A potential $7k on the table for CA drivers for those 2 programs.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
They do ,(Fremont Ford), I I changed dealership just for that reason. The do Ford Option, x-plan, and the grant program.
I do not see Fremont Ford on the list of CVA dealers... Actually, not too many Ford dealers on that list.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
If by "those 2 programs" you mean Clean Vehicle Assistance and Clean Vehicle Rebate that would be $9.5K. That follows because if you qualify for Clean Vehicle Assistance you will also qualify for $4.5K under the Clean Vehicle Rebate program.

Realistically it will be difficult to use these programs and the federal tax credits since to qualify for the former you won't have the income needed to fully use the latter.

You can use any lender. People using Vehicle Assistance may not have great credit or even any credit history, so the program makes makes a lender available. I have no idea whether Ford Options has minimum credit requirements, but those would be in place regardless.

mylittlepony

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
You better get a 12% interest rate or lower...sheeesh

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I do not see Fremont Ford on the list of CVA dealers... Actually, not too many Ford dealers on that list.
Look under Newark, California. I know - it's called Fremont Ford, but it's in Newark - it's the next town over.
Sponsored