Cleaning/Detailing Products Recommendations?

lucky13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Looking for cleaning/detailing supplies for my Mach E. I’ve found a number of threads, but it’s a lot of information to parse.

Primarily interested in finding a neutral soap/cleaner that is safe on the PPF and ceramic. I’ve come across mentions of various products from Chemical Guys, Koch‑Chemie, Adam’s Mega Foam, Obsessed Garage, and Griots Garage.

Secondarily looking for additional suggestions for smaller items such as sponges, towels, and interior cleaner, etc.

Regarding a Pressure washer I’m considering the Greenworks 2300psi @ 2.3 gpm and Active 2.0, but I’m leaning towards the Greenworks due to the extra versatility.
Sponsored

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Adam’s mega foam is great.

NO SPONGES!

Remove the iron filings from rail shipment and then clay to remove the remaining contaminants from the paint.

Then ceramic or graphene coat and you will be in business!

learn how to perform a two bucket wash and your exterior maintenance will be very low.

if you must dry with a towel, lay the towel on the paint and pat it dry, do not rub/wipe. I recommend a blower instead. I use a stihl electric leaf blower with allergy filtering applied over the intake.

buy some super soft towels without seams to apply detail spray and finalize the drying.

Adam’s is a great place for the beginner. They have many videos.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
There is nothing unique about the Mach-E, wash and care for it just like any other vehicle. No pressure washer is needed, no special "shampoo".

DaveP

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD iced white assistance pac
Occupation
Real estate advisor
Country flag
Low pH soap is very important. If you didn't ceramic coat is suggest you do.

OP
OP

lucky13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Low pH soap is very important. If you didn't ceramic coat is suggest you do.
First thing I did after picking up the Mach E from the dealer was to take it to get PPF and ceramic done.

Rob Daman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select RWD base as base can be
Occupation
YouTuber
Country flag
I've been using 303 car wash because of how good their plastic protectant is.

Bought on Amazon https://amzn.to/3Pabqym

Did a video

My Maverick at the time was never coated besides spray on detailer.

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
First thing I did after picking up the Mach E from the dealer was to take it to get PPF and ceramic done.
Then just learn how to do a two bucket wash with microfiber mitts and dry first with a narrow stream of water and follow up with a blower.

Detail spray with a super soft plush microfiber towel is optional but not needed.

you are 90% of the way there.

water should bead up in nice little spheres that run off quickly.

did you do the glass as well?

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
My favorite drying towel is The Gauntlet by the Rag Company. It is super soft and absorbent.

For a ceramic detail spray, which can be used either as a detail spray or a drying aid, check out Technician’s Choice Ceramic Detail Spray TEC-582. Awesome stuff and it’s also a great value at $40 for a whole gallon.

My other favorite drying aid is Topper by Xtreme Solitions. It’s super slick, adds lots of gloss, smells great, and is also reasonably priced.

Wash your towels and wash mitts in P and S Rags To Riches Microfiber detergent. It will keep your towels soft and absorbent.
Sponsored