JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
So I searched cleaning and washing as well as the first two pages of the cosmetic maintenance and protection category but didn't find it.
There's plenty of YouTube videos on best methods to wash cars but was hoping people could add their product recommendations here (since YouTube can be influenced by paid influencers)
I'm totally new to owning a car so I need it all, even buckets!
So maybe we share some knowledge and then we can have this thread as a sticky thread/wiki?

Best interior sprays? best soap fluid? best clay bars? Foam cannons for power washers? Show me what ya got, MachE Forum! Any recommendations are welcome.

Much appreciated!
Sponsored

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I use Adam's polishes SiO2 infused waterless wash, SiO2 infused liquid wax, and interior detail spray (etc etc). Easy to apply all the exterior products, int/ext products all smell pleasant without being overpowering. I'm not affiliated with them or anything, but I definitely like everything of theirs I've used.

20210404_164206~2.jpg

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
I use Adam's polishes SiO2 infused waterless wash, SiO2 infused liquid wax, and interior detail spray (etc etc). Easy to apply all the exterior products, int/ext products all smell pleasant without being overpowering. I'm not affiliated with them or anything, but I definitely like everything of theirs I've used.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cleaning product recommendations 20210404_164206~2
Wonderful products. Adams is a cut above. The ceramic coating is on point!

Deleted member 4669

I use and love adams products. Just make sure you time it with any of the frequent sales to save some money.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are lots of good products on the market today, so you'll get a wide range of responses, but most of them are going to be great products, so you can't go wrong.

I use Meguiar's M110 and M210 compounds when I need to do a paint correction, with a Griots G9 polisher, with Chemical Guys Hex-Logic polishing pads, followed with Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Graphene Spray. Once the graphene spray bottle is used up, I'm going to try the Adam's Graphene Spray. I'm pretty happy with the Turtle Wax, though. I've had a coating on for about 6 weeks and the hydrophobic properties are still amazing. I'm hoping to get 5-6 months out of it.

For the wash, I use a Greenworks 1700 psi electric washer with a Trinova foam cannon and a short wand. Chemical Guys Mr Pink soap. It works ok but requires a decent amount of soap to foam properly. I bought a gallon of Meguiar's Gold Class so I'm going to try that next. If that fails, I'll go with Meguiar's Hyper Wash.

For the interior, I use Trinova's faux leather conditioner/cleaner. Works great in removing hand sanitizer stains, coffee, peanut butter and various things my wife eventually spills and drops on the seats.

To prep the tires, I use Sonax wheel cleaner on the wheels and Meguiar's non-acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner on the tires, followed up with Adam's Tire Shine. The key to getting a long lasting, no sling tire shine is getting the tire clean. The Sonax wheel cleaner is great but is quite expensive. I bought it for my wife's Audi, which is a typical German car that somehow covers the wheel in brake dust within 100 miles of driving. With EVs, there's not much brake dust due to the regen brake, so Sonax is probably overkill.

For the clay bar I use Meguiar's 100 gram clay bar and their quick detailer. I have a bottle of Optimum No Rinse, which is good for the rinseless washes and also if you want to make your own clay bar spray solution.

Depending on how you dry your car, you'll want multiple microfiber towels. I have about eight 1200 GSM towels, one for each panel to avoid potentially scratching the paint if there's any leftover dirt missed. A bit overkill but I prefer doing this instead of spending time paint correcting the swirls and scratches later.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
FYI - Autogeeks, Detailed Image and other on-line auto cleaning sites are all having 20-25% off sales, free shipping, etc right now. Big Father's Day sales. This would be a very good time to jump in. I'm going to try my hand at ceramic coating and have several family cars to do. Over the course of my ordering this week I've saved about $150 off MSRP by taking advantage of these sales. I thought I knew how to wash and wax a car - until Youtube!!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I searched cleaning and washing as well as the first two pages of the cosmetic maintenance and protection category but didn't find it.
There's plenty of YouTube videos on best methods to wash cars but was hoping people could add their product recommendations here (since YouTube can be influenced by paid influencers)
I'm totally new to owning a car so I need it all, even buckets!
So maybe we share some knowledge and then we can have this thread as a sticky thread/wiki?

Best interior sprays? best soap fluid? best clay bars? Foam cannons for power washers? Show me what ya got, MachE Forum! Any recommendations are welcome.

Much appreciated!
Sealing the glass (roof) was a good detailing option for me. I used Griot's Garage Glass Clay and Sealant but would love to hear alternatives from others. What is the best glass sealer for that huge roof?

I have found 303 Aerospace Protectant good for interior.

Lot of rubbers and seals on the MME to protect. Even two exterior rubbers that runs the entire length above the side windows.

There are different methods of exterior paint protection. You need to pick the method that suits you before the product. That is a debate that has been had a few times and info should be available.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
For the interior, I use Trinova's faux leather conditioner/cleaner. Works great in removing hand sanitizer stains, coffee, peanut butter and various things my wife eventually spills and drops on the seats.
Have you tried this on the MME? I used Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Conditioner/Cleaner, and it worked great in my C-Max which had real leather seats (and vinyl on the sides). In the MME it's greasy; I think because the seats are sealed vinyl.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Have you tried this on the MME? I used Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Conditioner/Cleaner, and it worked great in my C-Max which had real leather seats (and vinyl on the sides). In the MME it's greasy; I think because the seats are sealed vinyl.
I do not think he has an MME - I think he is Tesla's police :)

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I use them on my Tesla vegan seats, works great.
Since polyurethane isn't porous, the leather cleaners won't get absorbed and create that high gloss, slippery surface. Leather cleaners are typically meant to be absorbed into the leather to help condition it. Unfortunately, it creates a mess on polyurethane seats.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Depends on how deep your pockets are when considering a pressure washer. I run a AR630tss with a custom 3 stage DI water filter at home. Generic foam canon off amazon.

Dont have a mach e yet, but i've really liked p&s leather conditioner and their xpress cleaner for my other cars.

for paint, i've always used jescar powerlock and collinite 945.