Cleaning / removing sunscreen sunscreen and white marks / stains off vegan leather black seats?

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Ok, anyone found a good solution to get sunscreen and other white marks and stains off the black seats? Lol. I took a microfibre cloth with Dawn Dish Soap & Warm Water, and it didn’t take it out.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Cleaning / removing sunscreen sunscreen and white marks / stains off vegan leather black seats? 91EB2E00-9F89-4649-9F37-F03A9A21C685
Sponsored

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I remember reading a post on a car detailing forum that the key to removing sunscreen off of a leather or vegan leather car seat is to use a degreaser. You can try some household degreasers, such as Simple Green or Fantastik spray. I personally have used and liked Optimum Power Clean, which is an all purpose cleaner specifically for cars.

Just make sure to read the label for proper dilution. Never use a strong degreaser full strength. For example, if I use Power Clean, I start out using it 5 parts water to 1 part Power Clean. For a stubborn stain, I might increase it to 3 parts water to 1 part Power Clean.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Does Ford offer leather seats on the Mache? Leather cleaner might be risky. I’d contact your dealership.
Sponsored