JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I could not find any other thread discussing this - unless my search was not adequate.

Just about a week with the MME and the main screen has so many finger prints and they are quite visible when the sun hits the screen at an angle. And with the vertical swipes option I can see the swipe marks as well.

Trying to figure out how to keep the screen clean or how to clean it. I dont think it can be turned off completely. I can see the calm mode where the screen can be turned off but it will be back on if you touch it. So how to turn off the screen while I say clean with a lens wipe or screen wipe.

I don think any custom screen protectors are available yet but thinking I will get one like a laptop protector that covers most of the upper portion after I clean it.

Any one has any ideas.
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Get a large size cloth that usually come with sunglasses or flat panel televisions. I don’t know what the material is but it’s almost silk-like. Lycra? Basically gently wipe it like you would glasses

Reactions: UW2

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I could not find any other thread discussing this - unless my search was not adequate.

Just about a week with the MME and the main screen has so many finger prints and they are quite visible when the sun hits the screen at an angle. And with the vertical swipes option I can see the swipe marks as well.

Trying to figure out how to keep the screen clean or how to clean it. I dont think it can be turned off completely. I can see the calm mode where the screen can be turned off but it will be back on if you touch it. So how to turn off the screen while I say clean with a lens wipe or screen wipe.

I don think any custom screen protectors are available yet but thinking I will get one like a laptop protector that covers most of the upper portion after I clean it.

Any one has any ideas.
I'm using a microfiber cloth. Works well. Just have to use it after every stop.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Make sure whatever cleaning solution you use does not have alcohol in it. Spray the cleaning solution on a micro fiber towel (not directly on screen) and wipe the panel clean. Buff with a clean micro fiber towel.

I like this companies products. (Amazon)

Chemical Guys SPI_663_16 InnerClean Interior Quick Detailer and Protectant (16 oz)

Last edited:
OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Thanks all - wondering if there is a way to turn the screen blank for the few minutes

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Turn the car off.
Lol yes but when I enter without touching the power button the blue Mustang Ford thingy plays on the screen ... have not sat in long enough to see if it goes away.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
i use the spray solution and cloth i use to clean my glasses/sunglasses

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Lol yes but when I enter without touching the power button the blue Mustang Ford thingy plays on the screen ... have not sat in long enough to see if it goes away.
The animation mesmorizes you and you stop cleaning so you can watch it play out?

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The animation mesmorizes you and you stop cleaning so you can watch it play out?
Haha I want to clean a blank black screen but yeah might try with that animation on.

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
When I purchased my Fusion Hybrid they gave me a Ford branded cloth to clean the screen. I actually hardly used it, but I am using it now. Also, I happened to get a few really nice styluses from Lincoln when I test drove their hybrid. I have one left and use that now.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Make sure whatever cleaning solution you use does not have alcohol in it. Spray the cleaning solution on a micro fiber towel (not directly on screen) and wipe the panel clean. Buff with a clean micro fiber towel.

I like this companies products. (Amazon)

Chemical Guys SPI_663_16 InnerClean Interior Quick Detailer and Protectant (16 oz)
Why do you say to not use a solution that has alcohol in it? I have always made up my own mixture in reusable spray bottles of a 50/50 ratio of 70% isopropyl alcohol and distilled water (distilled, Not filtered) and then use a microfiber cloth. I have been using that for years on touchscreen devices like Surfaces and smartphones and other car touch screens and also on sunglasses. Is there a particular reason you recommend not using alcohol in the case of the Mach-E's touch screen? This homemade solution is effective and very inexpensive and has never caused damage to any screen or lens I've used it on. I actually just made up a bottle of it today to keep in my Mach-E, but if there is a reason you think it should not be used, I will give it some consideration.

Last edited:

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

Any one has any ideas.
You might wanna look into this -- a matte screen protector will definitely hide the fingerprints better.
https://www.theocdplug.com/shop/p/mustang-mach-e-155
Ford Mustang Mach-E Cleaning the Main Screen 1615943965063

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE