Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Product Management
Country flag
Hello!

I recently loaded up my wife and two kids (2 and nearly 5), and we drove to Destin, FL from Cleveland, OH. It was my longest EV road trip yet, and it was . . . pretty great.

The car held a TON of crap, and we didn't feel crowded at all (it was for a two week vacation) with no roof rack required. My range was fantastic--in some places beating my EPA rating even though most of my highway speeds were around 80.

All-in-all, in about 2 weeks' time, we put ~ 2,600 miles on the car, and I couldn't be happier.

My only nervous bit was driving through West Virginia on the way home . . . it's not a great place for chargers. According to my GOM, I only had a 14 miles buffer to get to my charger, but I arrived with 42 miles on the GOM! The car loved the mountains (and I'm sure trending downhill overall helped a great deal). :)

We only had some pain at one charging stop. Most of the plugs were down, and only ONE was charging at full speed. That only cost us about 10 minutes as I waited for that plug to clear. Another charging stop was just busy, and the dude in the EV6 next to where I needed to go to plug in parked like a preschooler trying to color inside the lines. I had to unplug a guy at that station, but he was full-up, and I really just saved him some idling fees (he thanked me when he came out). :)

This is the best road trip car I've ever owned.

CLEtoFL.png

DestinToDisney.png

FLtoCLE.png

Renton777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Orange Mach E GTPE - on Order
Country flag
Thanks for the write up! I am looking at doing a trip form Cleveland down to Stateville, NC in early August and I hope to have my Mach E by then. My worry is also getting through West Virginia. Do you recall where you charged before and after WV?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium 4X, F-150, Lightning reserved
Country flag
I cannot blame either of you for leaving Cleveland, O_io.

Go Blue!
Sponsored