Suma Mirrors | 5% off "MACHE5OFF"

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Chris, I don't know if you can tap into these wires to power the turn signal lamp in the mirror but you can try. Sometimes doing so will cause the door module to go crazy but it should not mess it up permanently. When I was wiring up the puddle lamps to come on any time the doors were open, I ran into crazy behavior of the door modules (but did get it to work).

Driver's door turn signal lamp is Green/Brown for +, Violet for -

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 6.13.01 AM.jpg

Passenger door turn signal lamp is Blue/Gray for +, Green/Blue for -

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 6.13.17 AM.jpg
Wait, using SUMA mirrors stops the turn signals on the mirror housing from working?

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Wait, using SUMA mirrors stops the turn signals on the mirror housing from working?
No. This is in regards to a version of the mirror that Chris received that had turn signals. (The original test version I received also had turn signals, but SUMA isn’t selling such a version.)

Mark notes that it’s possible that connecting the turn signals on Chris’s mirrors to the turn signals in the mirror housings might cause issues. Given the issues we’ve seen with BLIS and SUMA mirrors, were I Chris I’d proceed with caution.

But the SUMA mirrors don’t otherwise cause issues with the turn signals.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
No. This is in regards to a version of the mirror that Chris received that had turn signals. (The original test version I received also had turn signals, but SUMA isn’t selling such a version.)

Mark notes that it’s possible that connecting the turn signals on Chris’s mirrors to the turn signals in the mirror housings might cause issues. Given the issues we’ve seen with BLIS and SUMA mirrors, were I Chris I’d proceed with caution.

But the SUMA mirrors don’t otherwise cause issues with the turn signals.
Ah, that makes sense! Thank you very much for clarifying!