Suma Mirrors | 5% off "MACHE5OFF"

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
Well after emailing [email protected] the rebate was reapplied.

No response to the email, just the PayPal transaction.

Ninja4hire

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black Mach-e GT, 2018 Camaro SS
Occupation
Not a paid assassin!
Country flag
Well after emailing [email protected] the rebate was reapplied.

No response to the email, just the PayPal transaction.
Well I'm glad they re-applied the refund, but that tells me they might not even realize that Paypal failed. Lets hope it doesn't fail again.
It also tells me we all might have to email them specifically to have them re-apply it.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Emailed screenshot of paypal refund on Tuesday paid on Wednesday.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I’m supposed to get a set early and be a tester, so I’ll post here when I do.
Not entirely sure how that’s supposed to work as all these are supposed to ship around the end of April. That pretty much makes all 37? Of us testers.

it went from’testers’ to a group buy in less than 2 days, if not less.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Not entirely sure how that’s supposed to work as all these are supposed to ship around the end of April. That pretty much makes all 37? Of us testers.

it went from’testers’ to a group buy in less than 2 days, if not less.
Yeah, we'll see. I was told they would send me a set a couple weeks earlier than the rest, but so far I've not gotten anything. My guess is that the shipments are delayed... 🤷🏼‍♂️

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Yeah, we'll see. I was told they would send me a set a couple weeks earlier than the rest, but so far I've not gotten anything. My guess is that the shipments are delayed... 🤷🏼‍♂️
it should go out later this week!

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Any word on fitment and installation? Curious how easy/hard the Mach-E is. (The Civic Si was real easy.)

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I have received the mirrors from Suma. Removal of the OEM mirror is straightforward if you have an angled tool to carefully unhook the clips (I used a trim removal tool) and if you have a light to shine behind the mirror. I started with the mirror positioned down and out so that the top inside corner was most exposed. Installation of the Suma mirror is trivial, though it comes with longish wires that might rattle, so I used cable ties to bundle them - see photo below. (My test mirrors have blinkers which I didn't try, so there are extra wires as compared to what I suspect will be typical: heater and BLIS.)

There is currently an issue with BLIS. As explained to me by Mach-Lee, "The Ford's have always been picky about the blind spot light, it has integrity monitoring and failsafe, so if the LED wiring get damaged it will shut down the whole blind spot system (and some other things too apparently). Sort of an Achilles heel on Fords." While the LED wires didn't get damaged, the system did shut down after I installed the driver mirror to test. Suma is sending me more connectors to test so hopefully we'll find the right resistor values to make this work.

The defrost heater also works a bit different from OEM. On the OEM mirror, there is a moderate level of fairly even heat across the whole of the mirror (around 75ºF when ambient was about 58ºF). On the Suma, the center of the mirror gets quite hot (up to 114ºF) while the outer areas are only around 70ºF. Suma tells me this is by design and is ok, but I don't have freezing temperatures to test it with, so I can't comment. I'll be keep an eye on this and looking for any unexpected DTCs as I continue my testing.

The test mirrors Suma sent me are blue. I know it's personal preference, but I'm not really liking that color, though I want to do more testing in differing driving conditions to decide.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Suma Mirrors | 5% off "MACHE5OFF" IMG_4714

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I have received the mirrors from Suma. Removal of the OEM mirror is straightforward if you have an angled tool to carefully unhook the clips (I used a trim removal tool) and if you have a light to shine behind the mirror. I started with the mirror positioned down and out so that the top inside corner was most exposed. Installation of the Suma mirror is trivial, though it comes with longish wires that might rattle, so I used cable ties to bundle them - see photo below. (My test mirrors have blinkers which I didn't try, so there are extra wires as compared to what I suspect will be typical: heater and BLIS.)

There is currently an issue with BLIS. As explained to me by Mach-Lee, "The Ford's have always been picky about the blind spot light, it has integrity monitoring and failsafe, so if the LED wiring get damaged it will shut down the whole blind spot system (and some other things too apparently). Sort of an Achilles heel on Fords." While the LED wires didn't get damaged, the system did shut down after I installed the driver mirror to test. Suma is sending me more connectors to test so hopefully we'll find the right resistor values to make this work.

The defrost heater also works a bit different from OEM. On the OEM mirror, there is a moderate level of fairly even heat across the whole of the mirror (around 75ºF when ambient was about 58ºF). On the Suma, the center of the mirror gets quite hot (up to 114ºF) while the outer areas are only around 70ºF. Suma tells me this is by design and is ok, but I don't have freezing temperatures to test it with, so I can't comment. I'll be keep an eye on this and looking for any unexpected DTCs as I continue my testing.

The test mirrors Suma sent me are blue. I know it's personal preference, but I'm not really liking that color, though I want to do more testing in differing driving conditions to decide.
So I ordered the blue ones, and now I am wondering if that was a mistake. Does it make it harder to see out of them?

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
So I ordered the blue ones, and now I am wondering if that was a mistake. Does it make it harder to see out of them?
No. It’s just different. It think it really comes down to personal preference and honestly I’ve done such a small amount of driving with them that I can even be sure I don’t care for them…

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
No. It’s just different. It think it really comes down to personal preference and honestly I’ve done such a small amount of driving with them that I can even be sure I don’t care for them…
Can confirm the color is more about choice and really doesn’t impact visibility. In fact, I’d argue that it helps most at night to reduce glare from highbeams etc.

@JohnFoxeSheets This is an awesome overview and much appreciated! Had no idea about Ford’s approach to BLIS - curious if it’s resolved by resistor only or if there’s a more technical resolution required. Alas, good findings and appreciate you/ @Suma Performance working to get it right.

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
We want to provide a quick update on the delivery. It's delayed because we are trouble shooting the BLIS issue. As soon as we figure out the BLIS issue, we can continue manufacturing the rest of the Mach-E mirrors.
Sponsored