Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
That is weird, because I have the same order, but your second refund should have been for 35.99, not 26.99, as that would only put you at 30% discount not the 35%.
Looks like they messed up and gave you another 15% off. You paid 166.46 to the Mastercard. They just refunded you another 26.99. They should have refunded you $36.
Agreed
Sponsored

Ninja4hire

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black Mach-e GT, 2018 Camaro SS
Occupation
Not a paid assassin!
Country flag
I used paypal, but it looks like there was an issue with the refund. I was issued and then canceled.
Hopefully it's just a mix up that will get handled soon.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I should mention that in the end I got the full 35% refunded to my card.

dfcliff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I used paypal, but it looks like there was an issue with the refund. I was issued and then canceled.
Hopefully it's just a mix up that will get handled soon.
I had the same thing happen...

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Likewise, refunded and removed.

dfcliff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has anyone heard from @Suma Performance? I know these weren't supposed to ship until April, but it's making me nervous that the discount refund was cancelled and it's been radio silence from Suma.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Has anyone heard from @Suma Performance? I know these weren't supposed to ship until April, but it's making me nervous that the discount refund was cancelled and it's been radio silence from Suma.
You can try DMing or emailing them. They’re not super fast to respond, but they always have responded to my messages.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
I imagine it is something to do woth Paypal paid accounts and is just a mix up. I DID NOT pay with paypal and my refund has had no issues. like you describe.

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
Crickets - It seems he has not been back here since the 23d of March.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Crickets - It seems he has not been back here since the 23d of March.
As expected. Once they did their shady thing asking for testers and then trying to turn that thread into a group buy... I figured they'd ghost us on this forum just as soon as they closed the group buy. Hopefully they still ship this month.

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
As expected. Once they did their shady thing asking for testers and then trying to turn that thread into a group buy... I figured they'd ghost us on this forum just as soon as they closed the group buy. Hopefully they still ship this month.
My refund posted as expected (I paid with Apple Pay if anyone is looking for a datapoint), but it‘d be tough to be patient if I hadn’t heard from the vendor and I had money tied up with them. A response here from @Suma Performance would go a long way. FWIW, my dealings with them in the past have been nothing but straightforward. I have no reason to distrust them.

(Side bar: While I can appreciate the concern here about them being scammy, I see limited upside for them if they choose to that path. They’re a small business, working on reputation as far as I can tell (vs. Paid promotion.) I assume most folks here paid with a credit card and the chargebacks alone would put Suma on notice w/ payments processors. Probably not worth the $3k they pulled in, especially considering they won’t get that $3k when the chargebacks go through. Just my .02.)

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My refund posted as expected (I paid with Apple Pay if anyone is looking for a datapoint), but it‘d be tough to be patient if I hadn’t heard from the vendor and I had money tied up with them. A response here from @Suma Performance would go a long way. FWIW, my dealings with them in the past have been nothing but straightforward. I have no reason to distrust them.

(Side bar: While I can appreciate the concern here about them being scammy, I see limited upside for them if they choose to that path. They’re a small business, working on reputation as far as I can tell (vs. Paid promotion.) I assume most folks here paid with a credit card and the chargebacks alone would put Suma on notice w/ payments processors. Probably not worth the $3k they pulled in, especially considering they won’t get that $3k when the chargebacks go through. Just my .02.)
I just want to chime in to echo what Chris said. I know y'all have money tied up with them and that can make some people nervous. However, you have enough consumer protections with your CC/Paypal to be ok for some time. Before I committed I scoured a bunch of forums about the products and came away happy with their reputation.

For those needing refund fixes, that gets a little messier and I hope they clean it up for you quickly.

From their end, they got their order and have now moved to manufacturing. It makes sense to be in a bit of a quieter period. It would still be nice to see them back here another time soon with a quick status update.

dfcliff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just want to chime in to echo what Chris said. I know y'all have money tied up with them and that can make some people nervous. However, you have enough consumer protections with your CC/Paypal to be ok for some time. Before I committed I scoured a bunch of forums about the products and came away happy with their reputation.

For those needing refund fixes, that gets a little messier and I hope they clean it up for you quickly.

From their end, they got their order and have now moved to manufacturing. It makes sense to be in a bit of a quieter period. It would still be nice to see them back here another time soon with a quick status update.
This ^^^

I'm waiting to see what happens over the next few weeks, and I'm glad to hear that other's did receive their group buy refunds.

It would be appreciated if they updated the buyers with a status. Even if they don't do it on this message thread, they could DM or email.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

I don't think they're going to not fulfill the orders, I just think they feigned a forum presence to get people to buy their product and doubt they'll come back. It is already April, if they were going to come back, they should have already to say they're hopefully XX days or weeks away from shipping.
Sponsored