Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, '04 Silverado
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I took delivery of my GT on Tuesday (10/5) from Mooresville Ford, which was a surprisingly smooth process. I stopped by over lunch to look it over before they had even washed it, then went back after work for 35 minutes of paperwork and drove off!

First Road Trip:
  • Friday I left from my home in Mooresville with 96% charge, picked up 3 friends and headed to Winston-Salem for a concert
  • The trip included a long stretch of 75mph running on I-40 and more than a few spirited launches
  • The total round trip was about 145 miles (had to recreate from google maps, forgot to record in the moment)
  • I arrived back home with 39% remaining, which means I used 57%
  • 145 miles is 54% of the quoted 270 mile range, so I am very happy with this, especially given the 75mph highway driving, spirited nature of the trip, and 4 adults in the car.
Happy to finally have my car!
Andy
Sponsored

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Nice. Enjoy your ride! I haven't had any issues going around NC. Every EA DCFC and every ChargePoint L2 destination charger I've tried to use has worked flawlessly. There was a program kicked off a while ago where they were adding DCFC in more rural areas to enable EVs to travel more places, and it looks like some of those have started coming online.

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
My GT is being built this week (ordered via Town and Country Ford)! Can't wait to have another in CLT and awesome to hear your road trip was a good one.

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
I took delivery of my GT on Tuesday (10/5) from Mooresville Ford, which was a surprisingly smooth process. I stopped by over lunch to look it over before they had even washed it, then went back after work for 35 minutes of paperwork and drove off!

First Road Trip:
  • Friday I left from my home in Mooresville with 96% charge, picked up 3 friends and headed to Winston-Salem for a concert
  • The trip included a long stretch of 75mph running on I-40 and more than a few spirited launches
  • The total round trip was about 145 miles (had to recreate from google maps, forgot to record in the moment)
  • I arrived back home with 39% remaining, which means I used 57%
  • 145 miles is 54% of the quoted 270 mile range, so I am very happy with this, especially given the 75mph highway driving, spirited nature of the trip, and 4 adults in the car.
Happy to finally have my car!
Andy

How long did it take from the time it was built to arrive at the dealer?

OP
OP

Racing_Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, '04 Silverado
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
How long did it take from the time it was built to arrive at the dealer?
It was scheduled for production the week of 8/16. I got a note that it was built on 9/5. It was estimated to arrive between 10/23 and 10/29, but it showed up on 10/5!

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Nice. Enjoy your ride! I haven't had any issues going around NC. Every EA DCFC and every ChargePoint L2 destination charger I've tried to use has worked flawlessly. There was a program kicked off a while ago where they were adding DCFC in more rural areas to enable EVs to travel more places, and it looks like some of those have started coming online.
Yep, I'm noticing the same.
Sponsored