krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I live in San Diego and have those clunky SBX transponders on my windshield. i called them to see if they were going to go with something smaller and they said not for at least a couple years. :( I know other areas have moved to a thin sticker. I like that so much better for the new MME. SBX is what is printed on mine but I assume any type of transponder would work anywhere in CA. Does anybody have the sticker kind and who is that with? Thanks.
Sponsored

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
Adding to @eltonlin, the FasTrak is the way to go.

The stickers aren't officially out yet, nor do they cover HOV of either ICE or BEV vehicles due to lack of occupant switch. You'll need to get the CAV version as linked above.

For further reading on Toll roads and the work being done to unify all the systems, check Road Guy Rob has a great 10-miniute report.

OP
OP
krafty81

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Adding to @eltonlin, the FasTrak is the way to go.

The stickers aren't officially out yet, nor do they cover HOV of either ICE or BEV vehicles due to lack of occupant switch. You'll need to get the CAV version as linked above.

For further reading on Toll roads and the work being done to unify all the systems, check Road Guy Rob has a great 10-miniute report.

Great video, makes it sound like sticker transponder is ready to go. I know some people have gotten them.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This all seems so foreign to me. There’s no such thing as tolls or HOV lanes in my state.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
This all seems so foreign to me. There’s no such thing as tolls or HOV lanes in my state.
The privilege to pay to drive alone in HOV lanes is called "Lexus lanes" here.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The privilege to pay to drive alone in HOV lanes is called "Lexus lanes" here.
Zipper lanes on Oahu. Yes, there's a reason they're called that. EV's (but only EV's with the EV plate) can drive there. On the other islands? Yeah, no we don't have those.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Zipper lanes on Oahu. Yes, there's a reason they're called that. EV's (but only EV's with the EV plate) can drive there. On the other islands? Yeah, no we don't have those.

Wow!

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
We got one for the Golden Gate Bridge. This video shows also shows what was done before: A worker hanging out of the side of the truck to put in pylons.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
We got one for the Golden Gate Bridge. This video shows also shows what was done before: A worker hanging out of the side of the truck to put in pylons.

Oh man , I miss the pylon “barrier”. Having driven on the bridge many times before and after the zipper, it was pretty wild that the pylons were determined to be adequate safety measure.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Clunky Transponders 6810C972-40A5-4EF7-BB90-A98E74EE4DB1

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
https://thetollroads.com/

The Orange County toll roads sticker. It's free. There are other fee options depending on usage. I guess it's accepted across the state, that's what the FAQ says. I've had it for more than a year. Auto charges your credit card every month for any usage.

https://thetollroads.com/help/faq/407

Don't believe it supports any type of HOV feature.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

Cool! I think when I lived in the Bay Area they still did the Golden Gate Bridge with a guy sitting on the back of a truck picking up or putting down the dividers. Prehistoric ages (circa 2004 or so)

Last edited: