Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Good watch on where the Mustang comes from and where it needs to go.

Ford is introducing a new, eco-friendly electric four-door crossover. The Mustang Mach-E is making waves in the electric car community and will compete with Tesla for satisfied drivers. Some car enthusiasts challenge Ford's decision to replace Mustang's namesake 8 cylinder engine. But others argue a Mustang is a Mustang.

Sponsored

Last edited:

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Not sure where those so called "enthusiasts" are getting their info, but Ford is not replacing the V8 or any gas engine just yet..... o_O

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Falcon
Country flag
There is no way that Ford could guarantee the success of this vehicle without capitalizing on, and expanding the Mustang to a brand. If anything, Ford have grossly under estimated how good this is by not rushing to build extra plants.

They also couldn't risk this SUV not being a success.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Times are changing and Mustang must change to stay relevant and successful. There's plenty of room for a two door sports coup as well as a four door EV cuv.

Gary Hankins

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Good watch on where the Mustang comes from and where it needs to go.

Ford is introducing a new, eco-friendly electric four-door crossover. The Mustang Mach-E is making waves in the electric car community and will compete with Tesla for satisfied drivers. Some car enthusiasts challenge Ford's decision to replace Mustang's namesake 8 cylinder engine. But others argue a Mustang is a Mustang.

Ford has once again been inspired by an insight into its customers' desires. I have been waiting for an EV Mustang for years. But, it had to have many of the affordable advantages of a 300 mile (or greater) range coupled with great performance and comfort. I am 71 years old and could not afford the original mustang as a high school student in 1964. I am finally getting the new cutting edge EV Mustang I wanted so many years ago. Thank you Ford!!

untamed67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang ecoboost - Mustang 66 convertible - Volvo XC90 3.2
Occupation
Sales manager
Country flag
Let's hope they will bring the fastback shortly in Hybrid or EV as well. I'll stay with real Mustang but prepared to go EV.

stang1521

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2014 Focus ST
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Totally makes sense. If companies don't reinvent themselves they will go out of business. Look at the once iconic name plate SEARS. They've dying slowly. I don't want to lose the Mustang in any fashion. Just keep the looks and performance please.
Sponsored