Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You might find this interesting:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...u=/videos/search?q=mustang+mach-e&FORM=HDRSC3

They discuss:
  • risk of moving Mustang name into a crossover BEV
  • BEV competition
  • economics of introducing a BEV now (battery cost, charging network, ...)
  • mobility
  • Mustang Mach-E sales and profitability
  • Mexican manufacturing, politics
  • design cues from Mustang or Tesla
  • other extensions of Mustang; what does Mustang mean
  • autonomy prognostications
  • auto industry health, U.S. economy
Sponsored

Ericc B

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang GT Fastback (a real Mustang)
Country flag
Good ff'in grief those interviewers are annoying, constantly interrupting the guy.

Nevertheless once again not a single sensible argument for abusing the Mustang name.

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
Concur, the Squakbox interviewers are irritating.

However, I don't agree about it being an abuse of the Mustang name - just yet. Being such a niche market, if the brand doesn't grow and evolve, it dies. Look what happened to GTO & Pontiac.

It will either live up to the branding, or it won't. Before making such a judgment, I will wait until for the opportunity to test drive it.

Last edited:

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Concur, the Squakbox interviewers are irritating.

However, I don't agree about it being an abuse of the Mustang name - just yet. Being such a niche market, if the brand doesn't grow and evolve, it dies. Look what happened to Pontiac.

It will either live up to the branding, or it won't. Before making such a judgment, I will wait until for the opportunity to test drive it.
I agree.

Ericc B

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang GT Fastback (a real Mustang)
Country flag
Being such a niche market, if the brand doesn't grow and evolve, it dies.
Mustang brand has been doing just fine being what it is for 55 years straight. It doesn't need to be rescued. Evolving would be to develop a BEV Mustang coupe. Putting a Mustang horse on an SUV however is not evolving, that is turning it into a freak show. A staggering 80 to 90 percent of Mustang owners does not approve of this. Ford is busy destroying one of their crown jewels by associating it with its utter opposite.

untamed67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang ecoboost - Mustang 66 convertible - Volvo XC90 3.2
Occupation
Sales manager
Country flag
Mustang brand has been doing just fine being what it is for 55 years straight. It doesn't need to be rescued. Evolving would be to develop a BEV Mustang coupe. Putting a Mustang horse on an SUV however is not evolving, that is turning it into a freak show. A staggering 80 to 90 percent of Mustang owners does not approve of this. Ford is busy destroying one of their crown jewels by associating it with its utter opposite.
Fully agree. Gives us an hybrid or/and a real mustang EV.

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
What doesn't make sense; if you are so opposed, then why are you even on this forum? Take it up with Ford.

I’ve owned a classic Buick for 34 years. I’ve also been interested in Tesla since Day One...

EVs seem to be getting to a place that accommodates American lifestyles (SUV, crossovers, call them what you will). Suburban has been around since the 1930’s. Call it a Mustang, a Bronco, just something not offensive. If it’s a great vehicle for the money, and doesn’t pollute the environment - Kudos Ford!

Last edited:

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
In my line of work....change is constant. Mechanical/analog tech replaced with digital/high speed technology. Adapt or you perish. I have watched the Mustang line of progression thru the years. It is evolving....not to everyone's satisfaction. This is another step in the evolution. If you own a Mustang, keep it and enjoy it. I'm ready for this new pony. My personal feeling is....I will enjoy both of them a lot. A year from now we will be talking about this Mustang. Evolution, change is disruptive. Damn Darwin.!!!!!!

jandkw

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Look at the market today, customers are looking for compact SUV, not 2 door coupe. I love Mustang but never own one because of my family need. EV is the future. Look at Tesla. Ford needs to complete and sets the stage for the future. I look at Mustang sales over the years and it went from 600K+ in 1966 to under 100K units for the past 3 years. What do you think they should build other than the icon Mustang SUV EV. I have no doubt they will attract new customers like me to consider buying it. Needless to say, the Mach E in my opinion, is a beautiful SUV over the Model Y. That's the reason I consider buying it. Ford makes a good decision on this one.
Sponsored