Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Huh. Interesting take. Basically said if you go GT go with the performance variant or just stick with the non-GT models. Weird

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Huh. Interesting take. Basically said if you go GT go with the performance variant or just stick with the non-GT models. Weird
No such thing exists...

(yes, I'm still salty)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Since when is 5 liters big? Back in the day we had to de-stroke to make max displacement.

OP
OP
rohankumar

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Seemed like a lazy piece of journalism to me too, it didn't even seem like they writer had a chance to get their hands on the car itself. Seems to be written in vacuum gazing at the spec sheet basically.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
No such thing exists...

(yes, I'm still salty)
Did you ever drive it? The test drive solved all my worries.

And it wasn’t a “hmm I guess I can live with the compromise.”

It was a “holy crap this is awesome! Definitely lives up to my expectations.”

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Did you ever drive it? The test drive solved all my worries.
Salesman texted me today. I am going to go test drive it tomorrow morning just to say I did. But it won't change my position to (not) buy it.

I know I am an outlier on these performance desires and that is fine. I had a 2011 GT500 modded to over 600 rwhp that was vicious. I currently have a C8 to play with whenever I want and don't pay the bill (my dad's car and I keep it at my house for him). I bought the wife a BMW X3 instead of the MachE.

The best thing is now I can just be patient. If Ford puts out a true performance BEV, I can jump in. Or I'll get my position sorted and grab a new or gently used GT500 soon. It's good to be the king.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Salesman texted me today. I am going to go test drive it tomorrow morning just to say I did. But it won't change my position to (not) buy it.

I know I am an outlier on these performance desires and that is fine. I had a 2011 GT500 modded to over 600 rwhp that was vicious. I currently have a C8 to play with whenever I want and don't pay the bill (my dad's car and I keep it at my house for him). I bought the wife a BMW X3 instead of the MachE.

The best thing is now I can just be patient. If Ford puts out a true performance BEV, I can jump in. Or I'll get my position sorted and grab a new or gently used GT500 soon. It's good to be the king.
I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts after the drive.

FWIW, other forum members with Mustangs with more than 600 rwhp have been quoted as saying “none of their cars launch as hard as the GTPE.”

If you desire neck snapping instant torque, nothing feels quite like a high powered BEV.

My friend has a 2021 M5 comp. It definitely faster than the GTPE (runs high 10s in perfect conditions).

I got to drive it and from a stop or slow roll to 60, it doesn’t “feel” faster. I didn’t get to try launch control, but still that’s saying a lot when comparing to a 10 second car. To even be able to talk about them in the same sentence says a lot.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts after the drive.

FWIW, other forum members with Mustangs with more than 600 rwhp have been quoted as saying “none of their cars launch as hard as the GTPE.”

If you desire neck snapping instant torque, nothing feels quite like a high powered BEV.

My friend has a 2021 M5 comp. It definitely faster than the GTPE (runs high 10s in perfect conditions).

I got to drive it and from a stop or slow roll to 60, it doesn’t “feel” faster. I didn’t get to try launch control, but still that’s saying a lot when comparing to a 10 second car. To even be able to talk about them in the same sentence says a lot.
Yeah, no doubt. I’m sure the performance is fantastic for the vast majority of users. I’m just not happy with the numbers (especially compared to my experience with other vehicles) and not willing to spend $70k with the hopes that they can be improved via OTA or other updates.

I will give some feedback once I get to drive it. But I will absolutely not be purchasing. My wife told me I’m not allowed to bring it home. Now if they’ve got a GT500 in Performance Blue with white stripes, all bets are off. I miss that supercharger whine more than anything I’ve ever missed in my life.
Sponsored