Cold weather fordpass app notification -- anyone else?

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I got a notification in my fordpass app warning about reduced range and cold climate range mitigation. Did they push this out app wide or selectively? Sounds like there's probably some pissed off folks making some noise.

Kinda funny, we've only been getting down to around freezing lately, if even. Might have been more applicable back when it was single digits.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cold weather fordpass app notification -- anyone else? 1676347865119
Sponsored

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I got the same one this morning.

OP
OP
Hammered

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
So it seems people are blowing up the phones then for them to push out this message considering we've already had over 2 months worth of cold. Maybe too many are having to get towed due to running out of juice. Either way not a good sign for them.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So it seems people are blowing up the phones
Nothing so nefarious. Besides, Ford communications take months to get out. They don't quickly react to hot topics (or cold ones in this case) in general.

A similar message was sent in November, and last winter as well. Here's the one from three months ago.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cold weather fordpass app notification -- anyone else? 20221118 cold weather advice

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Nothing so nefarious. Besides, Ford communications take months to get out. They don't quickly react to hot topics (or cold ones in this case) in general.

A similar message was sent in November, and last winter as well. Here's the one from three months ago.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cold weather fordpass app notification -- anyone else? 20221118 cold weather advice
Yeah, I too got both the message today and the one back in Nov...

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
With the myriad of problems Ford has with technology, hardware and software, this is no problem and certainly the least of their worries.
The slower movement of electrons/molecules is not something to be blamed on Ford or that Ford can change.
Ford is just offering a "heads-up" to those new to EVs. Perhaps to stave off unwarranted phone line log jams as well.
Electrons (flow/movement) are affected by temperature. The way it is. Must live with it.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I got a notification in my fordpass app warning about reduced range and cold climate range mitigation. Did they push this out app wide or selectively? Sounds like there's probably some pissed off folks making some noise.

Kinda funny, we've only been getting down to around freezing lately, if even. Might have been more applicable back when it was single digits.

My guess is they only sent it to people that don't have any departure times scheduled?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
They did this in 2021 as well

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
They should have fixed departure times before sending out a message to people to set departure times....

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
Yeah I got it and yeah I deleted it right away.
Sponsored