Collective letter on the instrument screen buzzing issue?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Has anyone successfully recorded that buzz?

Goes with the saying that a picture (or audio recording) is worth a thousand words.

Sure would go better with a social media, Youtube etc. post, than a complaint only.
yes. it's on the megathread that exists on this issue. here's two.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/high-pitched-electrical-whine.3225/post-105212
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/high-pitched-electrical-whine.3225/post-101712
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chudsaviet

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
It's the type of screen they used. I've been saying this since day 1 but no one has believed me. The only way it'll get fixed is if they offer a replacement in the future with a different type of display. If you observe super carefully and in a certain lighting you can see some flickering, and it goes with the sound too. No software update can fix this, but I still hope it becomes widespread and everyone notices that they offer replacements with a new type of screen.
Its not the type itself responsible for this, its a bad design or
low quality coils and/or capacitors.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
yes. it's on the megathread that exists on this issue. here's two.
Yes, thank you, somehow I missed that megathread on the whine.

But for some reason, the last post was April 7, and the thread stopped getting posts.???

I will be looking out for that extraneous noise if I ever get to do a test drive.

I was at the dealer for an oil change Thursday, and the MME's leave as soon as they come in, with no demos in sight. Oh well.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I don’t think the noise is coming from the screen itself. The noise I hear sounds like an industrial drive for a motor. I believe it is coming from the front cross assembly with Ann the heavy electronics on it (the charger, inverter, motor controller), and being channeled into the cabin by the framework of the car. It sounds, to me anyway, like the motor control panel of a large automation system.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I don’t think the noise is coming from the screen itself. The noise I hear sounds like an industrial drive for a motor. I believe it is coming from the front cross assembly with Ann the heavy electronics on it (the charger, inverter, motor controller), and being channeled into the cabin by the framework of the car. It sounds, to me anyway, like the motor control panel of a large automation system.
Thing is though that the noise starts and stops with the driver display switching on and off. Even when the car is parked and only in accessory mode.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Thing is though that the noise starts and stops with the driver display switching on and off. Even when the car is parked and only in accessory mode.
In my vehicle, which may well be different than others, I hear a very slight noise when I start the car, which is barely audible. Once I put the car into drive, I hear significantly more noise, which I believe is the drive package. I’m not saying that this is certainly what is happening, but rather that I have extensive experience with heavy manufacturing as an industrial electrician, and what I’m hearing in my car sounds like normal electronic motor control. I can’t speak for anyone else’s vehicle.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Mine comes an goes depending on what else is running. So if I turn the ac off or on it changes sounds. So I do not think it is the screen since changing load other than just adjusting the screen changes the sound.
Sponsored