Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
Wanted to see if anyone in Colorado has had success getting the recall of the roof and windshield glass done? I've now been to Larry Miller and Schomp and had three appointments cancelled (two when I arrived and one when I was getting dressed for my 8 am appointment). I've called Groove, O'Meara and I believe Brighton and have been rebuffed at every single one of them. No one will do the service due to saying the glass is backordered or no glass subcontractor will do the work due to being underpaid or possibly indemnified for damage done during the process. This honestly feels like collusion and these dealers not wanting to do this work.

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I've tried Freeway, Autonation, Groove, and Sil-Terhar with no luck. O'Meara put me on their list but they are out of windshields and won't start on the recall work unless they have a spare. I don't know if it is this bad around the country, but here in Colorado is really disappointing. I was hoping that eventually @Ford Motor Company would get all these dealers what they need to get it done.

And O'Meara says it will take a week but Ford is only providing a rental car for two days. If it was my local dealer, I could work around that. But O'Meara is about 25 miles away.

OP
OP
wareagle1440

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I've tried Freeway, Autonation, Groove, and Sil-Terhar with no luck. O'Meara put me on their list but they are out of windshields and won't start on the recall work unless they have a spare. I don't know if it is this bad around the country, but here in Colorado is really disappointing. I was hoping that eventually @Ford Motor Company would get all these dealers what they need to get it done.

And O'Meara says it will take a week but Ford is only providing a rental car for two days. If it was my local dealer, I could work around that. But O'Meara is about 25 miles away.
Thanks for your feedback. I filed a complaint with Ford and NHTSA about this because it honestly feels like collusion among the dealers to just not want to do the work and Ford is fine letting them not do much.

It's really pathetic. I questioned the schomp ford service manager as to why they don't hire an independent contractor to do the glass work and he said they wouldn't be able to get one. I asked if he tried and he said no. I pointed out you won't know if you don't try and he said he will take it under advisement.

HI Yo Silver

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E RWD Premium
Country flag
Add Hawaii to the list of States where the dealerships refuse to perform NHTSA recall work. Three dealerships here in Honolulu, only 1 is actually doing the repairs, but only if you bought the vehicle from them, which I did not.

The dealership that we purchased the car from flat out told us that Ford is not compensating dealerships enough to outsource this recall work, and that they are not able to address the recalls for the windshield and roof glass in-house.

OP
OP
wareagle1440

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Add Hawaii to the list of States where the dealerships refuse to perform NHTSA recall work. Three dealerships here in Honolulu, only 1 is actually doing the repairs, but only if you bought the vehicle from them, which I did not.

The dealership that we purchased the car from flat out told us that Ford is not compensating dealerships enough to outsource this recall work, and that they are not able to address the recalls for the windshield and roof glass in-house.
File a nhtsa complaint. On the recall, it says if the work is not being done, you can complain. the more people complain, the quicker it will get ford and your dealership's attention I feel like.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I found this below on the NHTSA website. It says if dealers refuse to fix a recall issue, we should notify the manufacturer. Maybe we all need to call or message @Ford Motor Company to let them know about these dealers?

------------------

What If a Dealer Denies My Right to Have a Recalled Vehicle
Remedied at No Charge?

If a dealer refuses to repair your vehicle in accordance with the recall
letter you received from the manufacturer, you should immediately notify
the manufacturer. In most cases, contractual agreements between a
manufacturer and its dealers require all dealers to honor the recall and
remedy defects at no extra charge – regardless of where the vehicle or
equipment was originally purchased.
Under the law, if a vehicle recall has been initiated, consumers are entitled
to the remedy without charge and within a reasonable time. In most cases,
there will be a time lag between the date of the manufacturer’s decision
that a recall is warranted or the agency’s final decision, and the date the
remedy is available to consumers.
This time is provided to allow manufacturers to identify owners of vehicles
or equipment included in the recall, develop remedial procedures, instruct
dealers on how to repair the defect, distribute the parts necessary for repair
or replacement to the dealerships, and send letters to consumers informing
them how the recall campaign will be conducted. A dealer is not required
by law to remedy a defect in a vehicle brought in for repair before this date.

EvergreenGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Extended Range Battery, AWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thanks for bringing this up, was just about to call around because I've been on a few waiting lists and haven't heard anything in months. Sounds like I can save myself some calls. It's super disappointing that it sounds like a fairly big deal but nobody is willing to fix. I'm going to complain to Ford, since they offer than on the recall notice. Was pretty annoyed by the, "we've noticed you haven't had the recall done yet" letter...seems like they're out of touch with all their CO dealers.

OP
OP
wareagle1440

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks for bringing this up, was just about to call around because I've been on a few waiting lists and haven't heard anything in months. Sounds like I can save myself some calls. It's super disappointing that it sounds like a fairly big deal but nobody is willing to fix. I'm going to complain to Ford, since they offer than on the recall notice. Was pretty annoyed by the, "we've noticed you haven't had the recall done yet" letter...seems like they're out of touch with all their CO dealers.
I have been on the phone with Ford twice already and even filed a complaint with NHTSA. I was told to file one with the FTC as well against Ford and the dealerships too.

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
This is not just a CO issue. I've been trying to get my recall done in IL since Feb. Dealers are clever enough not to say they won't do it. Instead they take all of my information, say they have to coordinate with the glass vendor and will call me back once they get scheduling coordinated. And then, guess what? I never get a call back. When I call again they start the whole stall tactic again from the beginning, or say that I'm still on the list.. Don't call them, they'll call me.

OP
OP
wareagle1440

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
This is not just a CO issue. I've been trying to get my recall done in IL since Feb. Dealers are clever enough not to say they won't do it. Instead they take all of my information, say they have to coordinate with the glass vendor and will call me back once they get scheduling coordinated. And then, guess what? I never get a call back. When I call again they start the whole stall tactic again from the beginning, or say that I'm still on the list.. Don't call them, they'll call me.
File a complaint with NHTSA. It's the only way Ford will get dinged for this.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Anyone get any bites on this? I'm about to try to schedule, but it isn't looking good. I'm pretty flexible on timing since I understand the supply chain issues as much as anyone, but there has to be SOME path to getting these recalls completed. I'm also annoyed by the continuing letters, but no ability to act on the recall.

OP
OP
wareagle1440

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Still nothing and have heard nothing from Ford in a month. Haven't heard from a single dealer either. Make sure to make complaints to NHTSA as well. It seems like the only way to force Ford's hand

p-zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E4X
Country flag
I have mine in at O'Meara right now, but it took some doing. I had to call a couple times to get an appointment after being put on their "list" and then suddenly some time opened up. When I dropped it off the manager stated they had 3 coming in that day for the recall. This was Monday the 20th. Ford are paying for the rental until July 9th so hopefully it won't be that long. I can see through the widget they've at least moved my car a couple times in the last day or two. So here's crossing fingers they're actually working on it.

For reference, I called SilTer-Harr and never got an appointment, and Mike Maroone in Longmont where I bought it forwarded me to O'Meara as they cannot do the recall as they have no body shop. It has been a pain in the ass.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine was done last month at O'Meara. It took them a week but they also looked into a 12v issue I was having and regen issue that affects some Job 1 cars from last year. Overall, I was very happy with their service once I finally got it in there.

OP
OP
wareagle1440

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Mine was done last month at O'Meara. It took them a week but they also looked into a 12v issue I was having and regen issue that affects some Job 1 cars from last year. Overall, I was very happy with their service once I finally got it in there.
Thank you all for the update. I called and am in the process of scheduling an appointment. They said they might be three months out and I told the person I was speaking with that they might be the only dealership in the state that actually seemed to want to fix this problem.
Sponsored