Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Thank you all for the update. I called and am in the process of scheduling an appointment. They said they might be three months out and I told the person I was speaking with that they might be the only dealership in the state that actually seemed to want to fix this problem.
It seems about that way. When I was talking to the rental car person that they use, he asked, "What's wrong with all the Mach-Es?" He said there have been a ton of them at O'Meara. After explaining it was just a glass recall, he said, "oh, good, that's no big deal!"
Sponsored

p-zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E4X
Country flag
Noticed in the widget today that my car was moved to the main O'Meara service center, got a call from a service rep that they have it and it will be about Monday or Tuesday to apply the updates. So they'll have it for about a week.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I haven't tried at my dealership yet (Interstate), but I'm purposely waiting at least a year to have it done. Neither piece of glass seems especially dangerous to me. I already had to replace the windshield last summer (big crack) on my own. I asked Interstate at that time and they said they outsource windshield work to Complete Autoglass. I had them do the replacement and they were good.

Cracks seem to be more frequent here so I'll wait a while in case I get another one. Maybe I could get a replacement out of the recall.

p-zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E4X
Country flag
I got my car back today.. it looks like O'Meara is replacing windshields with new ones because my windshield is brand new. However, they forgot to take the Toll transponder box off my old one and put it on the new one. They did the 21P22 update and since they flashed it on Monday I also have the 22S41 update. I was having a bit of wind noise from the top right corner of the windshield and now that's gone.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I got my car back today.. it looks like O'Meara is replacing windshields with new ones because my windshield is brand new. However, they forgot to take the Toll transponder box off my old one and put it on the new one. They did the 21P22 update and since they flashed it on Monday I also have the 22S41 update. I was having a bit of wind noise from the top right corner of the windshield and now that's gone.
They guy I talked to said that about 50% of the windshields break during removal.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
That's fine, just upset I have to deal with a toll transponder. :)
Yeah, that would suck. For me, I actually had a crack in my windshield at the time so it worked to my advantage.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's fine, just upset I have to deal with a toll transponder. :)
EZ Pass says it won't work to try and scrape it off and reuse it anyway. I tried that on mine and it didn't work. Just have to log into your EZ Pass account and request a replacement one.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
They guy I talked to said that about 50% of the windshields break during removal.
How did yours work out with the crack you got on your trip? Did they replace it free? Or asking you to pay?

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
How did yours work out with the crack you got on your trip? Did they replace it free? Or asking you to pay?
They didn't ask and I didn't pay. I sorta expected them to ask for the windshield costs. When I was trying to schedule it, I did tell them ahead of time that I had the crack and that's why I urgently wanted to get it done. And that's when he informed me that they are breaking a bunch of windshields. He said that is one reason they are backlogged. They won't start on a car unless they have a spare waiting.

I'm guessing they just mark it ask broken during the removal and Ford reimburses the dealer for the windshield. Of course, they could have charged me for the broken windshield and not have to deal with the Ford reimbursement. So I'm thankful to them for that and it makes me want to continue to give them my business.

OP
OP
wareagle1440

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
Now O'Mera Ford won't do these recalls so that leaves not a single dealer in the state of Colorado that I know of willing to complete this recall. Ford said they have escalated my case and yet it has been 2.5 days and counting since they said they would call me.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Colorado - Glass Recall Success? O41BXt-W

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Now O'Mera Ford won't do these recalls so that leaves not a single dealer in the state of Colorado that I know of willing to complete this recall. Ford said they have escalated my case and yet it has been 2.5 days and counting since they said they would call me.
O41BXt-W.jpg
I asked at Interstate Ford yesterday while I had my other car in, and they said it's because the windshield is breaking too often when doing the work, and there's major supply shortages to get the glass again. No idea how true that is, but that's what they said.

I'm still intentionally holding off on having mine done, probably until I get another windshield crack that needs to be replaced again. Already did that once. It's expensive glass. Like $1300 installed.

Last edited:

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
I asked at Interstate Ford yesterday while I had my other car in, and they said it's because the windshield is breaking too often when doing the work, and there's major supply shortages to get the glass again. No idea how true that is, but that's what they said.

I'm still interionally holding off on having mine done, probably until I get another windshield crack that needs to be replaced again. Already did that once. It's expensive glass. Like $1300 installed.
In Chicago area I have the same explanation. They will only schedule this recall repair if they have a spare windshield on hand, and they are on constant backorder. I am tenth on the list at Fox Ford in Chicago (up from 15th in May).

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Colorado - Glass Recall Success? O41BXt-W
Come on @Ford Motor Company ! This is not OK. The NHTSA says to contact the manufacturer if dealers refuse to fix a recall issue. What is Ford going to do about this?

OP
OP
wareagle1440

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
Come on @Ford Motor Company ! This is not OK. The NHTSA says to contact the manufacturer if dealers refuse to fix a recall issue. What is Ford going to do about this?
So I tweeted at ford and they escalated it and they rep told me there was nothing they could do. I told him I didn't appreciate being lied to. I said I know this individual could do nothing but ford could pay more and get the dealers to do their job.

I've not filed two complaints with NHTSA (11474488 (filed 2022-07-18) and 11463530 (filed 2022-05-05)) and one with the FTC (139688694 (filed 2022-07-18)).

One of the major reasons I went with Ford over a company like tesla was service issues. And honestly it has been a disaster in Denver for getting service the one time I've needed it (Freeway Ford was not good at all) and now this recall has been the absolute worst.
Sponsored

Last edited: