Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Our Premium was built this last week and when I look on ordertrack.com w/Dealer # an VIN it shows the vehicle is being transported by "convoy" which I take to mean truck. I thought all Mach e's came up from Mexico via rail. See attached.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Coming by "convoy"? Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 1.49.17 PM
Could anyone enlighten me? Thanks.
Sponsored

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
I will say that Scotty came to my dealer via truck after making it to Delaware via rail; not quite sure I buy their claim of only one mode of transport but never both. Of course it could be different for the West Coast; hopefully someone closer to you can help more!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Our Premium was built this last week and when I look on ordertrack.com w/Dealer # an VIN it shows the vehicle is being transported by "convoy" which I take to mean truck. I thought all Mach e's came up from Mexico via rail. See attached.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Coming by "convoy"? Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 1.49.17 PM
Could anyone enlighten me? Thanks.
What does it say on the window sticker? That is usually fairly accurate.

I don't know what tracking system you are using but be advised they all have a morbid sense of humor.

Attempt to track the car if you like guessing games. Try not to put too much value into the information though.

OP
OP
kindofblue

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
What does it say on the window sticker? That is usually fairly accurate.

I don't know what tracking system you are using but be advised they all have a morbid sense of humor.

Attempt to track the car if you like guessing games. Try not to put too much value into the information though.
The window sticker says "convoy".

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag
All it means is that your car will be loaded on a convoy truck and the plant and transported to another rail yard to be placed in a rail car. Seems alot of So Cal cars leave the plant via convoy.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
It can only come so far by rail after that it has to come by truck.......otherwise every Ford dealer in the country would have to have a train depot. That is for obvious reasons not feasible.

Rest assured your Mach-e is traveling by rail first then the final leg of the journey is by truck.

OP
OP
kindofblue

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks all for your replies.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The window sticker says "convoy".
Rail from Mexico to US. Then truck to your region. Will likely be at least two or more different truck rides.

OP
OP
kindofblue

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Rail from Mexico to US. Then truck to your region. Will likely be at least two or more different truck rides.
That makes sense, thanks.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My window sticker and several others with California deliveries (ramp CH27, Mira Loma Intermodal), show CONVOY. I'd hoped by tracing my MME unit's delivery, I could prove this to be the case. Jack Cooper Trucking seemed like the likely candidate to move my MME 1600 miles from KC to SCal, but no tracing allowed. The PalsApp, which traced trucks, no longer allows non-members to check. After all, it only takes about 22 hours to drive it, not allowing for mandated driver rest periods. Through Chat, I know that it came 1700 miles to KC by KCS RR in ~9 days. Last reported (9/27) it was at the KCS Intermodal yard at Richards-Gebaur, Missouri. (Norfolk Southern railcar tracing doesn't recognize the railcar prefix and my dealer is unresponsive.) I'm waiting to see if it goes by truck or rail. (Threatened rail strike and rail traffic jam in Barstow may have caused Ford to put CONVOY on our window stickers, but nothing says they cannot change it if conditions changed, as they have changed.) It's all just part of the "charm" of ordering a 2022 MME, right? It will be all fixed for 2023MY.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Coming by "convoy"? 1664668687334

Last edited:
OP
OP
kindofblue

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ah, yes, well, patience grasshopper. ;-)

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
It was a very frustrating 2.5 months trying to follow the progress of my car from the plant in Mexico to my dealer near Tucson. It was basically: Convoy to train to convoy to train to convoy to train to convoy to dealer, or something like that. Several times the tracking system was not updated until I got someone to dig a little further.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks all for your replies.
In general it is rail to KC Missouri, trucked to KC Kansas, rail to a location in your area, then trucked to dealer. Sounds crazy but my Mach took over 10 days to move between KC rail yards.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My window sticker and several others with California deliveries (ramp CH27, Mira Loma Intermodal), show CONVOY. I'd hoped by tracing my MME unit's delivery, I could prove this to be the case. Jack Cooper Trucking seemed like the likely candidate to move my MME 1600 miles from KC to SCal, but no tracing allowed. The PalsApp, which traced trucks, no longer allows non-members to check. After all, it only takes about 22 hours to drive it, not allowing for mandated driver rest periods. Through Chat, I know that it came 1700 miles to KC by KCS RR in ~9 days. Last reported (9/27) it was at the KCS Intermodal yard at Richards-Gebaur, Missouri. (Norfolk Southern railcar tracing doesn't recognize the railcar prefix and my dealer is unresponsive.) I'm waiting to see if it goes by truck or rail. (Threatened rail strike and rail traffic jam in Barstow may have caused Ford to put CONVOY on our window stickers, but nothing says they cannot change it if conditions changed, as they have changed.) It's all just part of the "charm" of ordering a 2022 MME, right? It will be all fixed for 2023MY.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Coming by "convoy"? 1664668687334
It has been like that for ages. Go back to some of the early 2021 threads and read what tracking info showed for our cars. All I can say is Palsapp is a real prankster.

Seriously, you will drive yourself crazy trying to make sense of the tracking info. I can't remember all the details at the moment but another forum members car showed it was in Texas in Palsapp yet I was standing right next to it at the rail depot here in West Phoenix. It was just a matter of days before it got delivered to the dealership.

Other members here had to call their dealers to let THEM know the car had arrived (because they had access to additional tracking info in the Ford system). It is a bit comical actually.

From Ford and the dealer's point of view, there isn't any benefit in tracking on a vehicle to vehicle basis. It can be done, just not very clear and not everyone has appropriate access to the data. Remember, up until recently......we all would buy vehicles in stock right off the lot. The idea of ordering a vehicle and tracking it from plant to dealership is very recent (except for exotic vehicles of course...).

OP
OP
kindofblue

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It has been like that for ages. Go back to some of the early 2021 threads and read what tracking info showed for our cars. All I can say is Palsapp is a real prankster.

Seriously, you will drive yourself crazy trying to make sense of the tracking info. I can't remember all the details at the moment but another forum members car showed it was in Texas in Palsapp yet I was standing right next to it at the rail depot here in West Phoenix. It was just a matter of days before it got delivered to the dealership.

Other members here had to call their dealers to let THEM know the car had arrived (because they had access to additional tracking info in the Ford system). It is a bit comical actually.

From Ford and the dealer's point of view, there isn't any benefit in tracking on a vehicle to vehicle basis. It can be done, just not very clear and not everyone has appropriate access to the data. Remember, up until recently......we all would buy vehicles in stock right off the lot. The idea of ordering a vehicle and tracking it from plant to dealership is very recent (except for exotic vehicles of course...).
Well said.
Sponsored