Completely new to this found a good deal and bought it for my wife how does the Tesla chargers work for the Mach e?

Lg3

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
Need help ordering correct cables completely new to the ev world
Sponsored

OP
OP

Lg3

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
Awesome man thank you so Whats the fastest way to charge the mach e when on road trips?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Awesome man thank you so Whats the fastest way to charge the mach e when on road trips?
Electrify America

And you don’t order cables...

Tim_C

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
I'm not quite following your question about the Tesla chargers, but this video answers a lot of questions about both home charging and high-power public chargers with the Mach-E.

OP
OP

Lg3

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
Thanks guys great videos so pretty much if I go on a 350 mile road trip I would need to stop for atleast two hours to charge is that correct?

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Thanks guys great videos so pretty much if I go on a 350 mile road trip I would need to stop for atleast two hours to charge is that correct?
Likely closer to 45 minutes in a single charge session, but it will depend on a number of factors. You will get a clearer estimate if you use A Better Route Planner to plot out your trip. The built in navigation will automatically add chargers as needed, but ABRP allows for more customization. PlugShare is also worth checking to get a sense of chargers along your route and by your destination.

OP
OP

Lg3

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
Ok thank you again I Come from a world of diesel trucks and raptors so this is very new to me..

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Ok thank you again I Come from a world of diesel trucks and raptors so this is very new to me..
It all seems a lot more complicated than it ends up being, you'll get used to it pretty quickly. The video @Tim_C linked lays a great foundation- definitely worth a watch. Do you have a home charger set up?

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
Keep in mind that DC fast charging is a little hard on the battery. Only do it when you have to.

Yes many Tesla owners fast charge constantly - that doesn't make it a good idea.

curiousurick

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Infinite Blue
Country flag
The car has a long battery warranty so, while I recommend charging at home most of the time, fast charging is okay every few weeks. Just don’t do it every day.

for 350 miles, if you have an extended battery and start at 100% in the summer, you can get away with about a 10 minute charging session. I’ve gotten 325 miles out of a full charge in August and September. A standard range will get as low as 150 in the winter so it’ll be a few sessions of 40 minutes each, worst case scenario.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
No, once you get the hang of it you'll figure out during the charge session you may only need "X %" of the battery to charge up to do safely get to your destination; which in turn will decrease your time spent at DC Fast Chargers. Then you can just level one or two charge overnight at your destination or Fast Charge at your destination if you prefer. It's a much less big deal than some non-ev owners make it out to be.

Bill S

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Prem ER eAWD, 18 Tesla M3, 64 Falcon Sprint
Country flag
Think of your charging needs in this way. Charge so that you arrive at your "end of day" stop on 10%-15% SOC (State of Charge). Then, overnight you will awaken to a full battery. Use hotels that have L2 (Level 2 - 240V) chargers (moctly free). Use an L2 at home (super inexpensive). Again, overnight will result in starting each day at 90% (Or higher but only if needed).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
In general you'll find that driving an EV isn't that much different than a regular car, except when it comes to road tripping (driving beyond the car's range) because EV chargers aren't nearly as plentiful as gas stations. Therefore it takes a little preplanning - which isn't difficult - as well as a little bit of a learning curve on the types of chargers available. Once you get over that small hurdle, it's really pretty simple - and being able to plug in every night at home is much better than having to go to a gas station every week.
Sponsored