mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Very cool! Sounds like a fun project. I am interested to see if you are happy with the results in the end. I think the stock system sounds really good, but of course it can be improved with time and money.

Good luck!

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Where did the inspiration for the B&O system come from? It was “borrowed” from a 25k car in Europe. The Ford Kuga mark III, or for those in the USA the 2020+ Escape.
Ahhh this is why my MME had the exact same subwoofer rattle at the exact same frequency as my 2020 escape! Though my escape was like $38k lol.

Space Ghost GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE 450, space white GT received 11/04/22
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
Agree the B&O system is badge recognition only. The hardware is pretty underwhelming and sound reproduction is barely acceptable. Reminds me of the terrible HK systems in 2000’s bmw’s. Ohh this should sound great, nope. I wonder if there are any thiele small parameters for the drivers. The transducers on the mid range drivers are laughably small. The Fs numbers have to be depressing.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
Any chance you can remove the subwoofer from the enclosure and snap a photo of the plug :) Much appreciated

is this truly Don of sounds good stereo? I’ve admired your f-series high-end plug and play solutions.

Are you going to setup tooling, forms and molds for Mach-e stereo upgrades now?

I had not planed To remove the subwoofer from the enclosure. Why would you want to do that? There is a 3 inch pigtail on the subwoofer enclosure and that Plugs right into the factory subwoofer output.

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

SoundsGoodStereo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag
is this truly Don of sounds good stereo? I’ve admired your f-series high-end plug and play solutions.

Are you going to setup tooling, forms and molds for Mach-e stereo upgrades now?

I had not planed To remove the subwoofer from the enclosure. Why would you want to do that? There is a 3 inch pigtail on the subwoofer enclosure and that Plugs right into the factory subwoofer output.
Yes, it's me. Thanks for following along on our journey on the F-Series platforms. We had a customer ask about upgrading the bass in one of these and trying to gather data on what the factory system entails.

We make a harness that plugs in st the subwoofer and provides a plug-and-play solution to feed an amplifier. I have not found a photo of the sub out of the enclosure on the Mach E, so I figured this thread would be a good one to ask :)

I'm not sure how far we will go with the Mach E, it all depends on the demand for the products and our months of R&D will pay off.

SoundsGoodStereo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag
Also, after you remove the subwoofer, you are left with this. If this exits out of the vehicle, we need to create a plate to cover this. We have one for the new F-150, just not sure if it's the same size. If it does go outside and you give us measurements, we can send you a plate to cover this for your help.

Ford Mustang Mach-E This thread has been removed by its author IMG_42731900

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree with you. I have the 6-speaker system in the CA RT1 and I am very happy with it. My passengers have praised it too. I mainly play concertos and jazz (like Brubeck and Monk). However, it may not produce enough decibels to satisfy rap/hiphop and "earth dog" heavy metal listeners.
Adding a good subwoofer fixes all the shortcomings, IMO. But I am still interested to see how this progresses and the final results.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
Being a curious soul, I'll follow along with this. However, the stock system can drown out ambient road and wind noise, so it's good enough for me.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Back in my younger days I put a LOT of money into high end systems. It was like a fast car, always wanted more. Till one night someone wanted it more. I never got back into it but will always be curious.
Sponsored