complimentary year of BlueCruise expected starting Q1/Q2 2022 for 21MY Job 1 Mach-Es

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
From a new dealer bulletin, you can expect several OTA updates to enable BlueCruise later in this quarter, and you will eventually have the option to visit a dealer for these updates, as well.

Customer letters will be sent later in the quarter to announce eligibility and timing.

Customers with Active Drive Assist Prep Package may receive one year of complimentary BlueCruise as an apology for the additional delays in roll out.

Ford Mustang Mach-E complimentary year of BlueCruise expected starting Q1/Q2 2022 for 21MY Job 1 Mach-Es Screenshot_20220128-080514

Ford Mustang Mach-E complimentary year of BlueCruise expected starting Q1/Q2 2022 for 21MY Job 1 Mach-Es Screenshot_20220128-080537

Attachments

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Glad to see Ford doing this. Everyone will get a free year to try it out and then decide if they want to keep it. I've suggested to them several times that there should be some kind of trial period for it to begin with since its completely new and that could help people decide if its worth it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Well done Ford!*

*assuming OTA actually installs and dealerships can install successfully when asked

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Well I am SHOCKED that they're actually giving us a free year. But that's great! A couple of things that did stand out to me though:

There will be SEVERAL updates that lead up to this and they will BEGIN Q1. That implies it will start march 31 at the latest but it could take weeks before the process is complete.

Glad there's an FDRS option though!

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Well I am SHOCKED that they're actually giving us a free year. But that's great! A couple of things that did stand out to me though:

There will be SEVERAL updates that lead up to this and they will BEGIN Q1. That implies it will start march 31 at the latest but it could take weeks before the process is complete.

Maybe the "several" includes some of those updates that recently began pushing (Power-Up 2.1.0 and 2.3.0).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maybe the "several" includes some of those updates that recently began pushing (Power-Up 2.1.0 and 2.3.0).
Or the unmarked mystery update?

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I hope so! It also sounds like some of them will be the little ones that can install while we're driving, though it looks like nobody has had those happen as of yet

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

I imagine it will take a few updates to enable this because it probably will touch many modules.
I think we're going to start seeing OTA's come more timely. I've heard they're going to be "aggressive" with the OTA's to get everyone updated.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Also liked that they threw in that the rate of updates in general will begin speeding up

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I hope so! It also sounds like some of them will be the little ones that can install while we're driving, though it looks like nobody has had those happen as of yet
I just had that recently, I think.

A few days ago the update icon appeared halfway through my 25 minute work commute. I tapped it after I parked and it was the vague "your software is up to date" (or whatever), non-titled update.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Ok, I’m going to retract ALL my cynical and snarky comments. Ford is really beginning to step up and own it. I would have expected 3 months of complimentary BlueCruise. A year is quite good as it basically covers the ownership period of almost all the earliest purchasers who purchased understanding “spring 2020”. Very good @Ford Motor Company