complimentary year of BlueCruise expected starting Q1/Q2 2022 for 21MY Job 1 Mach-Es

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
d
Yay. Free blue cruise for my wife and I.

She doesn’t even like lane centering as is. No way is she going to go hands free.

I bet I use blue cruise twice during my free year. I just don’t really have premapped highways that I drive regularly.
Do we actually know which highways are premapped?
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Screenshot_20220128-104913_Google.jpg

Never say never ?
One station was planned relatively near the Honolulu Airport. That station has been on their books for several years. It’s also vanished from their 2022 plan statement after having been in this years “plans” for sometime, plus no permits have been filed or pulled. It’ll be a while.

And … that plan is for Oahu only (and not a terribly convenient location at that). There are 6 major islands within the state. I can reasonably safely say never.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I am one of those affected by the delays on the 2021 model. however my car was supposed to come with BlueCruise enabled being a premium model. So I am not sure what I am getting in the way of an apology from Ford.

Edit: They only announced mea culpas for cars made till July 2021. I am one with 12/11 so I gotta get back at the back of the loooooooong line for my apology I guess.

About the other cars, my understanding was that you need additional sensors to be able to use BlueCruise. How would they be able to make use of this complimentary period?
When was your car manufactured? What model and packages does it have?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
d

Do we actually know which highways are premapped?
There’s a low Rez general map of the 48 states buried somewhere in these forums. Plus the inset for Oahu’s freeways and the Anchorage area freeways. IIRC correctly it not terribly detailed though.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wasn't complaining about getting free access. I just thought a $200 year subscription was a little high to pay every year.
And you have every right to feel that way and to exercise your option not to renew it when your 3 year plan is up.

The thing is that Ford is giving you a choice by making it a subscription. Software development is expensive, and the subscription fee also includes the mapping updates that Ford gets from a third party. Ford is (likely) anticipating people keeping the feature because they DO like it and thus will recoup $2000 over a ten year period. They could have charged you a $2000 one-time fee up front, but then if you decided you didn't like it you would be more upset that you wasted the $2000.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
And you have every right to feel that way and to exercise your option not to renew it when your 3 year plan is up.

The thing is that Ford is giving you a choice by making it a subscription. Software development is expensive, and the subscription fee also includes the mapping updates that Ford gets from a third party. Ford is (likely) anticipating people keeping the feature because they DO like it and thus will recoup $2000 over a ten year period. They could have charged you a $2000 one-time fee up front, but then if you decided you didn't like it you would be more upset that you wasted the $2000.
Whatever dude

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The way they have it structured now is compensation for the job 1 cars that had no possibility of using BlueCruise and won’t for potentially 15 months. Otherwise It’d be like the additional 250 kWh charging at EA that some of us got and can not use (ever). Oh boy! I get a free year of BlueCruise that I can’t use either, I’ll just add that to my useless stuff basket.
I think it's unreasonable for Ford to map your island, but I've offered to them to do it for free if they cover airfare, lodging and meals. I'm waiting to hear back from Jim F.

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
When was your car manufactured? What model and packages does it have?
Mine's a 2021 MME Premium RWD Ext DMG, build date kept moving from Oct finally to 12/11/21, now stuck with a microchip hold in a parking lot outside the plant in Mexico.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think it's unreasonable for Ford to map your island, but I've offered to them to do it for free if they cover airfare, lodging and meals. I'm waiting to hear back from Jim F.
The only way this island gets mapped is if Jim, Bill, and the entire board of directors move out here and they make BlueCruise actually work on surface streets. Just like Tesla’s FSD. :p

I’ll be holding my breath over in the corner. ;)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Mine's a 2021 MME Premium RWD Ext DMG, build date kept moving from Oct finally to 12/11/21, now stuck with a microchip hold in a parking lot outside the plant in Mexico.
Yours is not a Job 1 car. This will not apply.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I wasn't complaining about getting free access. I just thought a $200 year subscription was a little high to pay every year.
That would have been 3 weeks worth of gas on my Ford Edge.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Well the irony, if I recall correctly, is that when they first started including blue Cruise in the msrp, they raised it by far more than $600
Nope. In the spring of 2021 they increased the MSRP by $600 for all cars that came with BC installed. In December 2021 they increased the prices of all models by $1000 - $3000, effectively putting MSRP back where it was before the $1000 - $3000 price decrease of late September of 2020.

I remember that price decrease in Sept '20 because that allowed me to change to the Route 1 over the Select I had originally ordered. The order change was only weeks before it got scheduled (and thus the order would have been locked).

Last edited:

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
There’s a low Rez general map of the 48 states buried somewhere in these forums. Plus the inset for Oahu’s freeways and the Anchorage area freeways. IIRC correctly it not terribly detailed though.
So no then. The whole east coast is blue on that low res map. Hope this job 1 release is the new maps and that it's released properly.
Sponsored