Comprehensive PowerUp (OTA) Poll (1.x-2.x)

What is your Mach E's current PowerUp level?

• Total voters

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
All of your OTA’s came in on the exact same days as mine! Currently at 2.7.4.
We were on the same OTA schedule until I got 2.7.4 on on June 13 (Monday). The rollout is very interesting to me. Nothing since then. Guess I will see around noon if I get 2.8.1.
Sponsored

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I got 2.8.1. a few hours ago. Hoping 2.8.2 queues up so I can BlueCruise tomorrow
How long did it take for 2.8.1 to install? This one should be coming up next for me and I am trying to decide whether or not to do update now or have it install during my scheduling timeframe.

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
How long did it take for 2.8.1 to install? This one should be coming up next for me and I am trying to decide whether or not to do update now or have it install during my scheduling timeframe.
It says it’ll take 140 minutes but it definitely only took about 70-80 minutes.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I haven't had it install for me yet, but I've read elsewhere on the forum that it could take 143 minutes or something to install. It's one of the longer updates as it is updating all the cameras.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I haven't had it install for me yet, but I've read elsewhere on the forum that it could take 143 minutes or something to install. It's one of the longer updates as it is updating all the cameras.
Since this one takes so long, do you think it would be a good idea to do it when the car is plugged in for level 2 charging? I am a little concerned that maybe the 12v battery could be drained but hopefully the HVB will keep it charged up?

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Since this one takes so long, do you think it would be a good idea to do it when the car is plugged in for level 2 charging? I am a little concerned that maybe the 12v battery could be drained but hopefully the HVB will keep it charged up?
If you have home charging, I would keep the car plugged in. I usually keep the car plugged in and let the car install the update during the scheduled time but I don't know if it's required.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
If you have home charging, I would keep the car plugged in. I usually keep the car plugged in and let the car install the update during the scheduled time but I don't know if it's required.
So far I have been doing update now for the ones that take less than 30 minutes. Haven‘t done a scheduled update yet but I think I will for this one! I will make sure the car is plugged in to my GrizzlE prior to the scheduled time.

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
2021 First Edition here

Installed:
2.6.0 on May 31st
2.7.1 on June 2nd
2.7.2 on June 9th
2.7.3 on June 10th
2.7.4 on June 13th
2.8.1. on June 14th
And 2.8.2 status is "request_delivery_queued" as of today June 15th. Hopefully BlueCruising by the end of the day! EDIT: And done!

Last edited:

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Once again after about 24 hours since we received the 2.8.2 OTA we are now queued up for 2.8.3! I will try to have it install manually when I get home from work later today. :)

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
2.8.1 queued yesterday and installed overnight. Am I correct in remembering to not expect an OTA on a weekend?

frumple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I got 2.8.2 on 6/17 (I think)... My car has been on an absolute tear the past 2-3 weeks.

I could look at all the timestamps for the pictures/screenshots I took but I'd say I got this much in past month or so...

The 2.8.1 and 2.8.2 was in the past week.

I feel like maybe one of them I didn't even notice or get, like maybe 2.7.5

Kinda surprised I haven't yet gotten 2.8.3 at the pace it was going. I usually noticed gigabyte(s) on router download history from the onboard modem and usually the next day it would get installed (I have mine set to install every night at 11 PM if there is an update)

Cheers! I've been impressed with the recent catch up in updates and improvement in Update notifications (both in FordPass app and in car) and change version notes. It was quite a few months there in winter and spring where there was... nothing.

Edit 6/21/22.... I got 2.8.3 installed on 6/20/22. Cheers!

Last edited: