Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Joy probably WAS a chatbot.
She was too slow to be a fully-automated bot. More likely an operator with a bot providing response choices.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
She was too slow to be a fully-automated bot. More likely an operator with a bot providing response choices.
Sounds like Sigourney Weaver's character in Galaxy Quest: "I have one job on this ship, and it's to repeat things to the computer. It's stupid, but I'm going to do it anyway!"

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I wonder if their chatbots look like sex dolls........Just bored and daydreaming lol;););)

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I think I'm somewhat confused on the expectations that people have and what information they believe they are entitled to from Ford on the MME. Is there currently a vehicle in the pipeline right now from a manufacturer that has better communication on their forthcoming product?

Here are some examples of cars that are in the same cohort/timeframe that either just came out or are coming in time for MY 2021. I'm genuinely curious if there is more information out there than what we have at the same point in time before deliveries start for the MME?

Polestar 2
Tesla Model Y
Volvo XC40 Recharge
Chevy Bolt EUV
Audi Q4 e-tron

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Mister Mitch

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Flex Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Country flag
Having owned a few Fords that had ZERO marketing, I'm not surprised that the Mach-E has fallen into that void as well.

Ever hear of the Ford Freestyle? I purchased a 2005 SEL. This was the lead year for that CUV. It was eventually rebadged as the Taurus.

Now I'm driving my second Ford Flex. Ever hear of that car?

Neither one of these vehicles were advertised. Of if they were, I never seed the advertisements.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think I'm somewhat confused on the expectations that people have and what information they believe they are entitled to from Ford on the MME. Is there currently a vehicle in the pipeline right now from a manufacturer that has better communication on their forthcoming product?

Here are some examples of cars that are in the same cohort/timeframe that either just came out or are coming in time for MY 2021. I'm genuinely curious if there is more information out there than what we have at the same point in time before deliveries start for the MME?

Polestar 2
Tesla Model Y
Volvo XC40 Recharge
Chevy Bolt EUV
Audi Q4 e-tron
I agree with you in general. I doubt there's usually a steady flow of new information about hardly any new models coming out direct from the manufacturer. (We also need to remember this is just one of many models that Ford makes and sells.)

But... where I do share some of the complaint is on basic customer service regarding reservations and the purchase process (not details about the car itself). Just a few emails along the way updating/reminding of the timeline and major milestones would be greatly appreciated, and frankly, expected as a bare minimum. Instead, it seems like most of us just plopped down our $500, got the initial confirmation of our reservation, then not a single peep for the last 6 months.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Keep in mind there is a very real possibility that Team Edison just wanted to gauge interest in this project. Instead of spending a bunch of time and money on market research, polls and focus groups.....someone suggested a pre-order system. What better way to see how much REAL interest there is? Asking someone to part with some of their cash is a pretty darn good way to know if the buyers are actually out there vs tire kickers. Genius idea really.

Now Ford knows how many of us are out there so nothing else to do except produce the product and bring it to market. The next best advertising is going to be when we are driving these around in public.

Reactions: UW2

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

CobraKaiSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro, CX-9
Country flag
I just think this is resulting from the fact that they probably debuted the car too early - probably in order to fight the model Y or for some reason they debuted it over a year before deliveries. i guess they were taking a page out of Tesla's book. the problem is that there's just not a lot to say in the 15 months or so in between that debut and us getting our cars. we've all watched numerous youtube reviews, so much so that we could all probably teach someone how to use the car at this point. i think it's just annoying this new model of debuting the car, then collecting a year and a half worth of deposits on it. i can't deny it's a clever model but it results in what you're describing- a bunch of people waiting for any morsels of more info. i agree they could do a better job keeping us engaged but truth be told i'm not sure what else they could really tell us at this time!

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
If the first year is sold out, do they really need to market it?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The Mach-E timeline has been all screwed up. It's not anyone's fault, it just is what it is.

I believe the car was originally going to be available to dealers and journalists this summer for test drives and reviews then deliveries shortly thereafter. That seemed perfectly reasonable to go from production-candidate reveal to showroom floors (skipping the concept car nonsense). Oh well. At this point, I think FE buyers will be lucky to get their cars before 31 December.

I'm currently pondering switching from a Premium to a GT so my wait may stretch well into 2021.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
What amazes me is that on their website when pre ordering there was a link called keep me informed that sent you to a page to fill in your details. Now to preorder a MME you had to open, if you didn't already have one, a Ford account. In order to open this account you had to give your email address. Now if you filled out the keep me informed page AND you have preordered/ reserved a MME why is it I have not receive anything. Most of the information I have gleaned has come from this forum from people who have accessed stuff from ford.com media site or 'elsewhere'. I will give credit however to two people working for the MME team here in UK who have been very helpful with specific questions relating to my preorder.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
If the first year is sold out, do they really need to market it?
The first year is not sold out. The "First Edition" model of the first year is sold out.
Sponsored