Confirm by August 31st so your Mustang Mach‍-‍E can be prioritized for production

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In my opinion, its going to be first ordered first delivered, except for FE's. I don't think there going to wait on production by reservation numbers.
Sponsored

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
In my opinion, its going to be first ordered first delivered, except for FE's. I don't think there going to wait on production by reservation numbers.
If true, then Ford was lying back in November when saying that reservations would set priority for deliveries once production began. Until ford specifies differently, I see no reason to doubt the consensus that build/delivery priority will be based on reservation timestamp (for converted orders) at the time of the production run cutoff, with adjustments for trim level and country of delivery based on how the prod line is scheduled.

Just my expectation based on Ford's communications to date.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Disagree 100%. They don't schedule one order at a time. As has clearly been spelled out, scheduling dos not begin until late august. there's no reason for them to completely ignore what they've been telling people for 8 months; the sorting criteria for scheduling can be trim + reservation timestamp just as easily as it can be order timestamp.

Honhme

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity PHEV; 2018 Ioniq EV
Occupation
State employee
Country flag
Delivery no. Scheduled for production, maybe.

Though I would think it would be more likely that early converters / FE orders would see a Scheduled for Production update in Sept/Oct.

Update cadence from Ford:

1594393786005.png
I hope that those folks who have turned their reservation into an order, and who have gotten this email will keep the rest of us posted when Ford communicates with them. It will let those of us who are waiting to place an order (so as not to have the car come too early), get an idea of the time frame from order to delivery. Thanks for the updates and responses.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I hope that those folks who have turned their reservation into an order, and who have gotten this email will keep the rest of us posted when Ford communicates with them. It will let those of us who are waiting to place an order (so as not to have the car come too early), get an idea of the time frame from order to delivery. Thanks for the updates and responses.
No, we plan to be quiet and not say anything until they arrive ;)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
No, we plan to be quiet and not say anything until they arrive ;)
that fits people on this site for...
(voice in ear)
sorry I'm now being told that is incorrect

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
In my opinion Ford should wipe the slate clean if Reservation are not converted to Orders by August 31st. It's a matter of having an actual sale versus a potential sale at that point. Ford isn't exactly rolling in dough. The faster they offload vehicles to buying customers the better.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
My dealer just called and gave me some updates. He says that on August 20th they will begin processing orders into schedules, and that production will start on October 26th. He says that the first batch of cars off the line for a new model typically will collect into a parking lot for a final QA process. He speculated that may all be First Edition orders. He said that possibly a Premium in the first batch with Premiums, could possibly arrive at the dealership in early December.

OP
OP
TheSteelRider

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
My dealer just called and gave me some updates. He says that on August 20th they will begin processing orders into schedules, and that production will start on October 26th. He says that the first batch of cars off the line for a new model typically will collect into a parking lot for a final QA process. He speculated that may all be First Edition orders. He said that possibly a Premium in the first batch with Premiums, could possibly arrive at the dealership in early December.
That information aligns with what we've heard from other places in other threads in this forum

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Sounds like you have one of the few dealers who is actually well-informed. That’s exactly what we posted here a couple of weeks ago.

Bekkis

First Name
Stig William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suzuki s-cross now ordered the Mack e awd long range
Country flag
You must have a reservation for a First Edition. Ford already announced that the FE reservations must be converted to orders by July 31.
Not in Norway! No orders has been made yet. Norway has a lot of reservations for the FE and also other setups. Expect orders to be put in by end of this month or beginning of September?

NEMuskRat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Delorean, 2007 SC Mustang, 2018 F150 FX4, 2019 Escape
Occupation
Electron Beam Eng
Country flag
I am hoping we will see our status on the online Ford Pass change by early September after they start laying out some schedules.

4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
I got a email from Ford saying there was a problem with my reservation. When I went to my page, I see that the order was submitted but the dealer has not accepted it. I contacted the dealer and now they say before they accept the order I have to come into the showroom and meet with one of our sales reps to review the order together, fill out a formal buyers order and take a credit application from you if you intend to finance or lease. We will then push the order through to the factory and your deposit will be transferred to us for credit towards the car when it arrives.

This doesnt sound right, as my understanding is that the dealer is supposed to accept the order and figure out financing later when they start producing the car. Am I wrong here?
Sponsored