Confirm by August 31st so your Mustang Mach‍-‍E can be prioritized for production

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
More Mustang Mach E Excitement
So got 2 emails from Ford leading into the scheduling for production. 8/19 during day received the above titled email stating how Ford will keep me informed about progress. Around 12:30am 8/20 I received a new Order Confirmed email with a new order number of 1591, prior emails the order and reservation numbers were the same. Wondering if 1591 is my true order number related to where I am in sequence. Looking forward to the schedule for production email! And possible VIN?
It's getting real, y'all!
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So got 2 emails from Ford leading into the scheduling for production. 8/19 during day received the above titled email stating how Ford will keep me informed about progress. Around 12:30am 8/20 I received a new Order Confirmed email with a new order number of 1591, prior emails the order and reservation numbers were the same. Wondering if 1591 is my true order number related to where I am in sequence. Looking forward to the schedule for production email! And possible VIN?
If that 4-digit number is titled "Order ID", probably not. The 4-digit Order IDs have been reported by many from the moment the order was opened (from reservation). It appears to be just a number within the dealer's population of vehicle orders (not just the MME), independent of other dealers, and thus irrelevant to any sequencing in the broader Ford universe.

4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
I tried calling Ford to switch dealers, no luck. Once you put the order in, even if they havnt accepted it you can only switch if they do it. So now im stuck between a rock and a hard place, lets see if the dealer is willing to back down from the buyers agreement and credit check or willing to let me switch dealers (less likely)

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
If that 4-digit number is titled "Order ID", probably not. The 4-digit Order IDs have been reported by many from the moment the order was opened (from reservation). It appears to be just a number within the dealer's population of vehicle orders (not just the MME), independent of other dealers, and thus irrelevant to any sequencing in the broader Ford universe.
It's just interesting that prior order# was identified as the Res# when order was placed June 30. It just changed with the email I received on the day that Ford is reported to begin scheduling production. All assumptions to this point, but hopeful.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I tried calling Ford to switch dealers, no luck. Once you put the order in, even if they havnt accepted it you can only switch if they do it. So now im stuck between a rock and a hard place, lets see if the dealer is willing to back down from the buyers agreement and credit check or willing to let me switch dealers (less likely)
Escalate the matter to a Ford Executive via email and see if that dislodged the intransigent dealer.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's just interesting that prior order# was identified as the Res# when order was placed June 30. It just changed with the email I received on the day that Ford is reported to begin scheduling production. All assumptions to this point, but hopeful.
I think it's both. We've seen that on others too where sometimes an order shows the dealer's 4-digit Order ID and other times it shows Ford's 8-digit Res/Order#.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
I received a similar email today from Ford. When I converted the reservation to an order on 06/27/2020, the order number was the same as my reservation number 100075xx. Today I received an email from Ford, and my order ID changed to 38xx.

4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
Escalate the matter to a Ford Executive via email and see if that dislodged the intransigent dealer.
Thanks for everyone that commented/contributed. I finally got a hold of the dealer after a few rounds of phone tag and after a little back and forth they said it was a "mistake" and they accepted the order without the credit check or buyers contract. I checked the ford website, they accepted the order. Crisis averted.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
If true, then Ford was lying back in November when saying that reservations would set priority for deliveries once production began. Until ford specifies differently, I see no reason to doubt the consensus that build/delivery priority will be based on reservation timestamp (for converted orders) at the time of the production run cutoff, with adjustments for trim level and country of delivery based on how the prod line is scheduled.

Just my expectation based on Ford's communications to date.
That is probably the case within a model. So I would expect all the FEs first.
Sponsored