2021mustangdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select RWD, grabber blue
Country flag
On the ford website , it states the Mach-E RWD SR range has Acceleration 0-60 mph : 5.8 sec. Not the best but the same as 2022 Tesla Model 3 RWD.

Now I see this on evspecifications.com
https://www.evspecifications.com/en/model/f3eaec

It states 0-60 mph: 6.3 sec on Select RWD (((((

That is worse than even 1997 Mustang GT 4.6L

What gives here? Which is correct ? Kind of depressed with this...
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
On the ford website , it states the Mach-E RWD SR range has Acceleration 0-60 mph : 5.8 sec. Not the best but the same as 2022 Tesla Model 3 RWD.

Now I see this on evspecifications.com
https://www.evspecifications.com/en/model/f3eaec

It states 0-60 mph: 6.3 sec on Select RWD (((((

That is worse than even 1997 Mustang GT 4.6L

What gives here? Which is correct ? Kind of depressed with this...
Ford uses 1 ft rollout.

No clue who evspecifications.com is.

But if you even remotely care about 0-60, why would you buy the slowest model?

FWIW though, the 1997 Mustang Gt is slower at 6.6.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g15105913/ford-mustang-gt-0-60-times/

Also I notice you’re in Canada. I would think you will want an AWD ER. Both for traction, acceleration, and winter range. You should change your order.

McS

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
It is hard to believe, but it is true...
When I ask for a proper data sheet with all specifications (incl. 0-100km/h 0-60mph) for the different versions of Mach-E sold in Sweden... there isn't any!
The dealer don't know and points to local Ford Support team. They don't know either and they cannot even confirm the figures for the media.ford.com specification for the models sold in EU.
If anyone know the actual specs of EU sold MME models, it would be very welcome...

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is hard to believe, but it is true...
When I ask for a proper data sheet with all specifications (incl. 0-100km/h 0-60mph) for the different versions of Mach-E sold in Sweden... there isn't any!
The dealer don't know and points to local Ford Support team. They don't know either and they cannot even confirm the figures for the media.ford.com specification for the models sold in EU.
If anyone know the actual specs of EU sold MME models, it would be very welcome...
Couldn’t you just use the US specs for the comparable models? I know you don’t have as many options, but pretty sure the specs for the models you do get are identical to the US versions.

Other option is looking at 3rd party reviews. Plenty of those out there.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The specs provided by Ford include what is called a "1 foot rollout", meaning the car has moved a foot. That is how the manufacturers (including Tesla) and most testers test acceleration.

McS

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Couldn’t you just use the US specs for the comparable models? I know you don’t have as many options, but pretty sure the specs for the models you do get are identical to the US versions.

Other option is looking at 3rd party reviews. Plenty of those out there.
Good idea, thing is I don't know what my exact car compares to.
Also, even if 0-60 figures should be close to 0-100, I am that kind of nerd who want to know exactly if you know what I mean..

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good idea, thing is I don't know what my exact car compares to.
Also, even if 0-60 figures should be close to 0-100, I am that kind of nerd who want to know exactly if you know what I mean..
Is your car rwd or AWD?

And what battery size do you have?

That will determine which exact car to compare to.

Then take the 0-60 times and add 0.2 seconds.

OP
OP
2021mustangdan

2021mustangdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford uses 1 ft rollout.

No clue who evspecifications.com is.

But if you even remotely care about 0-60, why would you buy the slowest model?

FWIW though, the 1997 Mustang Gt is slower at 6.6.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g15105913/ford-mustang-gt-0-60-times/

Also I notice you’re in Canada. I would think you will want an AWD ER. Both for traction, acceleration, and winter range. You should change your order.
Why did I order the Select RWD ? It is all I can afford and I did not order any options. The Mach-E does not qualify for the Canadian Federal EV rebate ( $5000 )
From what I understood the Select RWD is the second slowest Mach-E, that the version with extended range battery rwd is slower than standard battery rwd.

May consider the awd select model as it is $3500 difference.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why did I order the Select RWD ? It is all I can afford and I did not order any options. The Mach-E does not qualify for the Canadian Federal EV rebate ( $5000 )
From what I understood the Select RWD is the second slowest Mach-E, that the version with extended range battery rwd is slower than standard battery rwd.

May consider the awd select model as it is $3500 difference.
You are correct, it is the 2nd slowest.

I don’t know your finances, so I couldn’t say for certain, but based on being concerned about performance and living in the cold, I wouldn’t recommend the rwd sr.

And unless you never have to drive far in the winter, wouldn’t recommend an AWD sr either. It would be fine for just around town, but in the winter driving long distances? Well just read all the winter range threads and you’ll get the idea.

I just wouldn’t spend that much on a car that doesn’t do what you need it to. Especially if it’s a financial stretch.

OP
OP
2021mustangdan

2021mustangdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are correct, it is the 2nd slowest.

I don’t know your finances, so I couldn’t say for certain, but based on being concerned about performance and living in the cold, I wouldn’t recommend the rwd sr.

And unless you never have to drive far in the winter, wouldn’t recommend an AWD sr either. It would be fine for just around town, but in the winter driving long distances? Well just read all the winter range threads and you’ll get the idea.

I just wouldn’t spend that much on a car that doesn’t do what you need it to. Especially if it’s a financial stretch.
In the winter, I basically hibernate as only go to work and back, and get groceries when needed. Going to work and back, distance is less than 3 miles return trip. Apartment is on main artery so is always bare pavement unless it is winter storm. Only time I seem to travel is the summer months.

In the same price range of the Mach-E Select RWD, the Ioniq 5 and ID4 are slower vehicles.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In the winter, I basically hibernate as only go to work and back, and get groceries when needed. Going to work and back, distance is less than 3 miles return trip. Apartment is on main artery so is always bare pavement unless it is winter storm. Only time I seem to travel is the summer months.

In the same price range of the Mach-E Select RWD, the Ioniq 5 and ID4 are slower vehicles.
That may work then.

Do you have charging capabilities at home (apartment)?

OP
OP
2021mustangdan

2021mustangdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At the apartment, my parking spot is next to 110v outlet and less than 5 minutes away from 6 charging stations.

I wanted an electric car since 2010, been in a few Tesla's.

I know that range suffers a lot during the winter months with the Mach-E as any other EV.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At the apartment, my parking spot is next to 110v outlet and less than 5 minutes away from 6 charging stations.

I wanted an electric car since 2010, been in a few Tesla's.

I know that range suffers a lot during the winter months with the Mach-E as any other EV.
That’s nice then, especially if they’ll let you plug in daily. 110 won’t fill you up overnight, especially in winter, but it’s better than nothing.

Most people in apartments here don’t have an outlet.

McS

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Is your car rwd or AWD?

And what battery size do you have?

That will determine which exact car to compare to.

Then take the 0-60 times and add 0.2 seconds.
@Mach1E - it is an AWD ER "100kWh" battery
I don't know if any of my additions would make any difference in performance (weight). I do not have the glass roof, but apart from that I got everything I could get without buying an GT.
Sponsored