Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
So, I have had my car for well over a month and use CarPlay on a daily basis. This morning on my drive to work, it did not seem to sync correctly. I have had this happen once or twice before, and I have simply had to select my phone for CarPlay again. However, this morning, since I was trying to be sure to pay attention to my driving, I think I must have disabled or changed some other setting.

Now when I get the, Select Phone List and then select Connect Apple CarPlay screen, and then from there go to the Phone List (images below), no CarPlay option is there.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Connect to Apple CarPlay No Longer Works CarPlay1a
Ford Mustang Mach-E Connect to Apple CarPlay No Longer Works CarPlay2a

I have already deleted my phone from the MME, and forgotten the MME from my iPhone, and tried to reset everything that way, but it will still not show the "Connect Apple CarPlay" line on my phone list.

I have done everything that I can think of, short of resetting ALL of my MME Settings in the infotainment system. I'm thinking that is what I'm going to need to do, but wanted to reach out here first.

Has anyone run into anything similar, or have a thought?

bballpirate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Have you tried to reboot the sync4 by holding down the right seek button and the volume down button at the same time?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I had this same issue today. CarPlay has always been flawless for me, but today it wouldn't connect. After looking through the car's settings, I saw that Bluetooth somehow got changed to On. It's counterintuitive, but you need to have Bluetooth turned off in the car for CarPlay to work. As soon as I turned it off, CarPlay was able to connect again.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Since a recent ota update and/or iOS update, Apple CarPlay’s Siri cuts out so I can’t hear her reading or talking to me. She starts, like reading a message, “joe blow said…” and cuts off mid-word. Same with making calls. She maybe hears part of what I say but never finishes/acts on it. I deleted and added to both phone and car. No luck. Yuck!! Not workable.

OP
OP

Papa T

First Name
Treven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X1
Country flag
I had this same issue today. CarPlay has always been flawless for me, but today it wouldn't connect. After looking through the car's settings, I saw that Bluetooth somehow got changed to On. It's counterintuitive, but you need to have Bluetooth turned off in the car for CarPlay to work. As soon as I turned it off, CarPlay was able to connect again.
This, and flipping the CarPlay toggle off and back on (from the iPhone settings) while connected in the car, has me back up and working.

Thank you, all.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Strangely, my Android Auto wigged out a bit yesterday after I got the most recent OTA. Seemed okay on my drive into work this morning, but the phone wouldn't connect (even though it was previously working just fine) and when it did, apps would hang when I tried to load Spotify etc.

drironman

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Occupation
Veterinarian
Country flag
This, and flipping the CarPlay toggle off and back on (from the iPhone settings) while connected in the car, has me back up and working.

Thank you, all.
Yes I noted that you have to have Bluetooth turned off in the car.

tdwatts

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach-e; Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
I often get stuck on the "To use Apple CarPlay..." screen after starting my car. I found that if I ask Siri a question, I get an answer through the car and the screen switches to CarPlay.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I often get stuck on the "To use Apple CarPlay..." screen after starting my car. I found that if I ask Siri a question, I get an answer through the car and the screen switches to CarPlay.
This! Or press any other tab like radio or trip and then press CarPlay and it’s good to go. When it won’t connect well, usually a phone hard reset and/or a sync soft reset (vol. down and right arrow simultaneously for a few seconds) does the trick for me.

JohnE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have this issue when I establish a VPN connection logged into a foreign server. To fix the problem, I found I have to disconnect the VPN, quit the VPN program then reboot my iPhone.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, E-Tron
Country flag
We just bought our MME and are having this issue. If you turn Bluetooth off in the car will PAAK and the remote operations work?

Thanks