Considering a Mach E vs E-Tron, Volvo, ID.4

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
i will be dipping my toes in EVs with a SUV sometime this year.

the Mach E is on my shortlist.

i drive long distances and a lot. pre-pandemic i used to drive 800 miles a week, twice a month, mostly motorway driving, and 2-3 300+miles driving holidays.

we are three adults and one of is 6 ft 2, so headroom and leg room , especially at the back, is important.

i will love to hear owner's experiences on real world ranges. how does the Mach E compare to the other SUVs like the E-Tron, I-Pace, Volvo Recharge etc.

what kind of wait times do you experience at charging stations?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

i drive long distances and a lot. pre-pandemic i used to drive 800 miles a week, twice a month, mostly motorway driving, and 2-3 300+miles driving holidays.

we are three adults and one of is 6 ft 2, so headroom and leg room , especially at the back, is important.

i will love to hear owner's experiences on real world ranges. how does the Mach E compare to the other SUVs like the E-Tron, I-Pace, Volvo Recharge etc.

Start by searching the videos on YouTube. There are lots of internet reviewers who do car reviews and head-to-head comparisons. They have the benefit of access to lots of cars that regular Mach E owners don't. Just remember, two reviewer's conclusions may be very different for the same comparison.

I've never had to wait at a charger.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Considering a Mach E vs E-Tron, Volvo, ID.4 1630072668808

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

It all depends on what are the items it has to have. DO you value looks over other things. IS range is the main factor. If you want to tell us what are your must-have or don't care well, then we can tell what we know and think.

Kevin C

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Infinite Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I love my Mach-E. My son has ordered a Volvo C40 Recharge. It won't be delivered until January. So, I can't compare them yet. Good luck with whatever you choose!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It all depends on what are the items it has to have. DO you value looks over other things. IS range is the main factor. If you want to tell us what are your must-have or don't care well, then we can tell what we know and think.
Looks and range... Is there really anything else? ha.. ;)

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Looks and range... Is there really anything else? ha.. ;)
Um, acceleration, handling, utility, quality, tech features, charging speed...nah, I guess not. :cool:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Agree with @ChasingCoral - start with the fulltime reviewers for direct comparisons. Edmunds.com just did a big head-to-head comparison, and I am sure there are lots of others.

I can only tell you my experience, which may not be appropriate because I am in the US and have never driven any of the other cars on your list. In my experience, the head and leg room in the back seat is excellent, and I have found my car to meet or exceed the EPA range estimates in anything but cold weather. I have no idea how it compares to WLTP, nor can I tell you how crowded the DC fast chargers are or how long the wait will be in the UK.

You will get lots of differing opinions; you should probably test drive your prime candidates. If range is your biggest concern, then you should probably prioritize the list to extended range Mach-E's and Long range Teslas.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I parked near an e-Tron while I was charging my Fusion Energi yesterday. Pretty vehicle. I could see myself in one, but for me the MME is a better choice. This is my opinion only for myself however. Definitely check out the reviews for these vehicles and compare localized specs, localized features, and pricing.

salt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW x3
Country flag
We drove the volvo recharge and loved it. Almost cancelled our mach-e order. We immediately went to give the mach-e a final drive to make sure we weren't making a mistake. We decided we liked the mach-e more. We'd have to pay more for less range, and we felt like the mach-e was just as nice.

I think we would have been thrilled with the volvo, but at this point it is hard to imagine not having the mach-e.

OP
OP
coolshades

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

at this point in EV development, range issues pretty much the first criterion and then looks. I like the ETron, it has the luxury feel, but as of now I think the Mach are’s range has the edge over it for me.

that spreadsheet… is that the research you did before buying?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
at this point in EV development, range issues pretty much the first criterion and then looks. I like the ETron, it has the luxury feel, but as of now I think the Mach are’s range has the edge over it for me.

that spreadsheet… is that the research you did before buying?
yes and I drove all of them. The polestar 2 was the hardest one to get a chance to drive.
Etron range is lacking and it asks you to charge to 80% daily, and the cost is way more. Great ride I enjoyed it but value is not there.

If you're looking for range the mache and tesla model 3 are the top of the line.

OP
OP
coolshades

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes and I drove all of them. The polestar 2 was the hardest one to get a chance to drive.
Etron range is lacking and it asks you to charge to 80% daily, and the cost is way more. Great ride I enjoyed it but value is not there.

If you're looking for range the mache and tesla model 3 are the top of the line.
my current thinking is to go with the Mach E... the E-tron is what i want however, but i will wait for next year's model and switch in a couple of years.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I looked at the etron and Mach-E, and ultimately went with the Mach-E. It's cheaper (especially if you like the looks - it means having to spend extra to get the etron sports back version), plus the Mach-E was faster and had more range.

Agree in a couple of years the etron might be more appealing if they get at least the range in a better spot
Sponsored