Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Apparently Consumer Reports' surveyed customers have indicated that the Mustang Mach-E's reliability his improved a bit compared to last year, enough to make it a CR recommended car again. Woo! Its overall rating score is up from 66 to 70 now, putting it in second place for electric SUVs, behind the EV6 and tied with the Ariya.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...on-latest-car-reliability-survey-a9891586663/
Sponsored

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree with this... my 2021 GT has been solid now that the initial bugs have been worked out.
Our 2021 GTPE only had 1 service ota for susp and 12v fault. Both fixed in July. Love it!

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
Initial bugs being worked out it appears to be the consensus. Always happens with the early adopters 🤷🏻‍♂️

After 2 HVBJB replacements and some software issues, we are sitting at 95,xxx and no issues since 43k. Very happy with the car, we just took it for a trip on thanksgiving too!

JDP That's Me in My MachE

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Premium Extended Range
Country flag
Apparently Consumer Reports' surveyed customers have indicated that the Mustang Mach-E's reliability his improved a bit compared to last year, enough to make it a CR recommended car again. Woo! Its overall rating score is up from 66 to 70 now, putting it in second place for electric SUVs, behind the EV6 and tied with the Ariya.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...on-latest-car-reliability-survey-a9891586663/
Best car I have ever owned in 50 years! Not one complaint after 18 months and 26K miles. Thanks Ford, this car rocks!!

OP
OP
thekat03

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
"...tied with the Ariya"

🤮
The only reason the Ariya is tied is it's too new for gremlins to have become obvious. I am impressed how far the bZ4X dropped, as it's the same age as the Ariya, but... I probably had some influence on that one. It appears to have dropped due to poor owner satisfaction. I am a bit more surprised the Kia EV6 didn't drop much in rating, since the Ioniq 5 did. Both are at the age where early adopter issues should have had an impact.

ddeluce

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD ER, Vapor Blue
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My '23 Prem AWD ER battery is almost a year old now and has had zero problems. Dealer has sent mobile service van over twice to perform recall related software updates, but that is it.

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Country flag
You have to slam the hell out of it to get it to latch securely. The salesman tried telling me that's normal, but I'm not buying it. He shoved it closed so hard with his hands that I was scared to death that he had dented the hood. Slamming it seems like a safer alternative until I get it looked at.
Instead of slamming it, lower it closed. Then apply some pressure and push closed.

Check out this video.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/correct-way-to-close-the-frunk.6595/

Mnath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My 2023.5 premium SR is only a month old with 600 or so miles. The only quality issue I've noticed to date is the frunk. You have to slam the hell out of it to get it to latch securely. The salesman tried telling me that's normal, but I'm not buying it. He shoved it closed so hard with his hands that I was scared to death that he had dented the hood. Slamming it seems like a safer alternative until I get it looked at.

Design-wise, there are a couple of changes I think should be made, easy ones. The warning about exceeding the speed limit should have an audio alert instead of only flashing on the screen. And the location of the speed warning is a problem, too. If you put your hands at 10 and 2, the 2'oclock position blocks seeing the small speed limit box.

So, whenever I call her out for speeding, my spouse replies that she never saw it flashing because her hand blocked the view.

I also think the screen is too close to the storage area below. I cringe as my spouse puts her cell phone in or removes it. I keep waiting for her to hit the bottom of the screen with something. That would be an expensive disaster.

The location for the drive selector seems awkward, too. It's like you're putting your hand and arm in an unnatural position to use it.

How do those of you who are large feel about the seat size? They fit us great because we're both small people, but I can just picture a guy who's 6' 4" and 275 pounds being comfy in one of those seats.
I get the frunk thing. I watched the salesman close it and it seemed to take some effort, but it doesn't feel that unnatural to me.

I also have a 2023.5 premium. My boyfriend is 6'-3"/210, and he feels very comfortable.

Regarding the speeding, I have never noticed it on my instrument cluster. I frequently drive with my hands in lazy mode, at 4 and 8 o'clock. Perhaps it's a setting that is turned on in your driver assistance. I also frequently drive at 75 because I have a heavy right foot. Ok, ok, I sometimes drive at 80 mph.

I agree about the drive selector. It's the same feeling when a toilet paper holder is mounted to the wall too far back.

All in all, I have loved every 2,320 miles I've put on my car so far!

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Wow, Tesla wins first place again! 😂

mecrazee

First Name
Dal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select RWD
Country flag
I had the same issue with frunk on my 2022. Read it somewhere in this forum about adjusting the 2 rubber stoppers down would work. I did just that, by turning clockwise 1/2 a turn each time on both sides, until you can close the frunk with reasonable force but not have to slam it. You don’t want to overdo it though as the frunk might be get too loose and would shake or even make noise when going on rough roads.

prius2pony

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium First Edition
Country flag
My 2023.5 premium SR is only a month old with 600 or so miles. The only quality issue I've noticed to date is the frunk. You have to slam the hell out of it to get it to latch securely. The salesman tried telling me that's normal, but I'm not buying it. He shoved it closed so hard with his hands that I was scared to death that he had dented the hood. Slamming it seems like a safer alternative until I get it looked at.
I have a 2021 First Edition. When I went to my dealer about the frunk not closing easily, 1) the put some extra heavy lube on the receiving latch; 2) he showed me to place my hands together on the hood right over the place the latch is, and to follow it down with a firm shove—but only from about 8” above closed position. I don’t use the frunk often, but after several uses, and following those instructions, it’s pretty good now.
Sponsored