Consumer Reports reviews for Mach-E & Polestar 2

Scott H

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 BMW i3 Base, Mach-E4x - Inf. Blue (ordered)
Country flag
Improperly applied updates may brick the car. There is the same risk with any ICE car, or other BEV.
Well, I'm pretty sure the risk is different for each make and model. I don't have the data to say how much worse the Mach-E might be than other cars. But I don't think it's very common for software updates to brick other models. I don't remember ever reading about such a thing before, but maybe you have to follow forums like this to see such reports.
Sponsored

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
When the software updates brick the car, then that's something to worry about.
Why? It's gotta be fixable.

Annoying, sure. But I would say not worrisome unless it happens to you often.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Well, I'm pretty sure the risk is different for each make and model. I don't have the data to say how much worse the Mach-E might be than other cars. But I don't think it's very common for software updates to brick other models. I don't remember ever reading about such a thing before, but maybe you have to follow forums like this to see such reports.
Yes, forums like this definitely magnify problems/issues. Hell, we've got a thread complaining that the Nav has an option to search for gas stations...

DocOfClocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-E Premium AWD, CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
The most disappointing part of this to me is that CR always evaluates fuel economy on its own and disdains the EPA ratings. The text of the review suggests that they did not do so for these EVs and are basing judgments on the EPA ratings. Strangely out of character.
Sponsored