Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
Here is the link to projected peaks of Covid-19 infection rates. Using the US overall about May 1st when we can START going back to work.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Here's the Korea testing success. Perhaps US can contract with Korea for millions and millions of test kits. Not sure why we didn't do that months ago but keep moving forward.

"On December 31, the first news reached South Korea of a cluster of coronavirus infections in Wuhan. Seegene’s chief executive Chun Jong-yoon, 63, was already anticipating the worst, as the risk of a global outbreak was high. Chun immediately ceased all other work at his Seoul-based biotech firm, Seegene, and ordered his lead researcher and staff to focus entirely on producing a diagnostic kit for the Covid-19. “Development needed to be very fast,” Chun says. “Before the situation became more serious, we had to be prepared.”

"In two weeks Seegene had developed its test, the Allplex 2019-nCoV Assay. On January 27, following the first confirmed case in South Korea, Chun received an urgent call from the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC); the agency requested the testing kit for review and soon learned that Seegene’s development process aligned closely with the guidelines of the KCDC."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbes...ontrol-the-virus-in-south-korea/#184055325bff
Market up over 1600 points. 👍

I’m hopeful the mortality rates will be much lower than first projected by the models. It looks as if the faster that hydroxychloroquine gets into widespread use (Gov Cuomo, are you listening!!!), the better patient’s outcomes will be. Dr. Oz just mentioned the evidence for the efficacy of this drug has gone “far beyond anecdotal”.

Oz has spoken to doctors in the rheumatoid arthritis field, and out of 800 patients taking hydroxychloroquine, they haven’t found a single patient who contracted Covid 19. He’s even asking for anyone taking the drug routinely for rheumatoid arthritis, and has the virus, to call him. They can’t find any! Are there any? I’m sure some will be found, but good grief, the evidence for the efficacy of this treatment is very impressive.

I’m liking the better news of late. :)

We need to get back to work fast!
TRAVEL!!! You all know that there are 114 cruise ships carrying 93K passengers
in and near US costal waters ! What are we to do with all of them ? How stupid
to take a cruise at times like this. I say extend their cruise for 2 months.
Keep on sailing.
I think you are being overly optimistic. American culture has a far less self-disciplined nature than the Koreans. Just yesterday, I had to go out and was witnessing couples out shopping together and agonizing over product choices together. Social Distancing, Meh! Masks, the same. Impulsiveness is the norm here.

Back to MME, it’s not an inexpensive vehicle. No doubt a lot of reservations will not turn into sales given all of the unemployment and likely slow economic recovery.

I am guessing that Ford (and all manufacturers) will need to make some serious adjustments/incentives to make any new vehicle sell.

I say it again, production of MME in this kind of economic environment is going to be tricky.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicles
Mazda RX-8
Country flag
Not sure why people keep spreading this "I just saw" rumors. It's a dangerous drug and the only MD's using it are doing it with people who are dying from Covid-19 and it is a last resort. The dying people are being experimented on and even if they were to have "incredible success" there is no evidence it is the malaria drugs or tapwater that was the difference.

The guy promoting it at the White House is an economist who was attacking Drs. Fauci and Brix at the White House meeting because they had to keep telling him that his printed web pages with "incredible success" were not.

"White House trade adviser Peter Navarro reportedly blew up at Dr. Anthony Fauci during a fraught coronavirus task force meeting"

https://www.businessinsider.com/peter-navarro-erupted-anthony-fauci-coronavirus-meeting-axios-2020-4

This is the kind of craziness at the Trump White House where a discredited right wing economist and Fox News commentator is even allowed into Covid-19 meetings much less waste everyone's time with his crackpot views.
Well, the streak ended at one post we can agree on. :(

There are numerous doctors, yes actual doctors, that are successfully using hydroxychloroquine by itself or in combination with other drugs across the country and across the world to treat Covid-19. This is fact, not conjecture. It is still technically "anecdotal" since it hasn't been put through a peer reviewed study process, but it certainly seems promising and possibly even more promising for people early in the disease progression prior to serious problems. This drug has been around for almost 100 years and has been used for various disease and condition treatments.

That you purposely lie about this information is highly distressing and exactly why I've mostly ignored the specifics of your posts.

That you follow the lies with partisan bomb throwing is not surprising, unfortunately. When people are indeed dying and others are losing their livelihoods by the millions, you post political hackery. Congratulations on showing the worst of what our country has to offer in a crisis.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I think you are being overly optimistic. American culture has a far less self-disciplined nature than the Koreans. Just yesterday, I had to go out and was witnessing couples out shopping together and agonizing over product choices together. Social Distancing, Meh! Masks, the same. Impulsiveness is the norm here.

Back to MME, it’s not an inexpensive vehicle. No doubt a lot of reservations will not turn into sales given all of the unemployment and likely slow economic recovery.

I am guessing that Ford (and all manufacturers) will need to make some serious adjustments/incentives to make any new vehicle sell.

I say it again, production of MME in this kind of economic environment is going to be tricky.
It’s easy to find a few people who thumb their noses at doing the right thing in a country where freedom is so prevalent. Sometimes people do that in China too, but the difference is those people are often not seen again. I think the overwhelming majority of Americans want to do the right thing and I think that’s true in most countries. In our community the few people that do go out for walks are very good at maintaining social distances. In fact they’ll move across the street so as not to be in close proximity to others.

No, I think I’m being realistic. If I were as pessimistic and depressing as a few on this forum, I’d just crawl into bed, curl up, and never leave the bedroom. IMO that’s just a terrible way to live. You can strike a good balance between optimism and realism. I try not to allow pessimism to rule my life.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Well, the streak ended at one post we can agree on. :(

There are numerous doctors, yes actual doctors, that are successfully using hydroxychloroquine by itself or in combination with other drugs across the country and across the world to treat Covid-19. This is fact, not conjecture. It is still technically "anecdotal" since it hasn't been put through a peer reviewed study process, but it certainly seems promising and possibly even more promising for people early in the disease progression prior to serious problems. This drug has been around for almost 100 years and has been used for various disease and condition treatments.

That you purposely lie about this information is highly distressing and exactly why I've mostly ignored the specifics of your posts.

That you follow the lies with partisan bomb throwing is not surprising, unfortunately. When people are indeed dying and others are losing their livelihoods by the millions, you post political hackery. Congratulations on showing the worst of what our country has to offer in a crisis.
Good grief, is he still spouting the same nonsense? Peter, how do you put up with it??

The funny thing is the data that’s compiled for the most scientific, peer-reviewed studies, are actually a compilation of ‘anecdotal data points’. So when someone dismisses 800 patient studies as simply ‘anecdotal’, I just smile. Those ‘anecdotes’ will eventually become part of a larger, per-reviewed study.

The other important thing is that the drug is very safe. In a discussion with some of the most prominent rheumatoid arthritis physicians, who routinely prescribe hydroxychloroquin for their patients, Dr Oz was told the worst reactions they see are a rash and at times, diarrhea. The only exception is a 1% chance of eye damage after 8 years of continuous use. In fact they told him it was a pity that misinformation was being conveyed by some in the media that the medication was ‘dangerous’.

Speaking of smiling, the morning clowns on the ‘Morning Joe’ claimed that Trump was pushing the drug because he was somehow making money on it. The ‘geniuses’ didn’t realize it was off patent for decades and is one of the cheapest prescription drugs you can possibly buy. The lies and misinformation are just beyond stunning. What a pity during a time like this. Shameless.

Last edited:

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
That is true. Same will apply to all PHEV/EV's at $10k-$20k higher than alternative ICE vehicle.

But PHEV/EV's have a case to be made for getting a straight up PHEV Credit of $15k as in US national interest, no oil dependency or need for $500B. yr oil war spending, no green house gas emissions and build up of US high tech.

To help Ford launch Mach-E and Escape PHEV, push for Green New Deal with a PHEV credit. Good economic stimulus and helps Ford on two key products key to its future.

Last edited:

Sweetwater

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrican
Country flag
Did anyone else see that Govt. wants to close all schools and business
until August ? I saw it and this is going to affect all of us. I hope they find
another way to do this. I never thought I would ever see anything like
this happen. What are we to do ?

eager2own

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
By "Gov't", do you mean federal government? If so, where did you see something like that?
Or are you referring to some specific state or local government considering that?

Sorry but, without some reference, this seems like an overly alarmist comment.

Sweetwater

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrican
Country flag
It was on the "Ticker Tape" going across the bottom of news channel.
It just said Govt. No state and no more info about it. Yes it is alarming
and I do not like it but that is what I saw. I am sure more will come
about this comment. Yes we need details.

It runs at bottom of CNN.

Last edited:

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
Did anyone else see that Govt. wants to close all schools and business
until August ?
You might want to cool it with the instant news posts "I just heard". Fox News in particular trolls the country with crazy stuff and then claims "people are talking".

Look at these numbers. Look at the dates where the infection rate is very low, the bottom of the curves.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

You can look at individual states and other countries, Poland for example where the Mach-E batteries are made.

Look at what we've done in Oregon by not following Trump and by getting on it early and following the science. That is called "flattening the curve". Our two clinics are back open a day week.

"We Can Safely Restart the Economy in June. Here’s How." Get tough now. Test widely to isolate those infected, and slowly revive businesses with workers and customers who have developed immunity."

This explains what will need to happen to restart the economy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/opinion/coronavirus-economy.html

Sweetwater

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrican
Country flag
You might want to cool it with the instant news posts "I just heard". Fox News in particular trolls the country with crazy stuff and then claims "people are talking".

Look at these numbers. Look at the dates where the infection rate is very low, the bottom of the curves.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

You can look at individual states and other countries, Poland for example where the Mach-E batteries are made.

Look at what we've done in Oregon by not following Trump and by getting on it early and following the science. That is called "flattening the curve". Our two clinics are back open a day week.

"We Can Safely Restart the Economy in June. Here’s How." Get tough now. Test widely to isolate those infected, and slowly revive businesses with workers and customers who have developed immunity."

This explains what will need to happen to restart the economy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/opinion/coronavirus-economy.html
You should be standing next to Trump on the evening News!!
You could fix this quick !! BUT---no one would listen to you !! 😁

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
You should be standing next to Trump on the evening News!!
Doing my Dr. Fauci imitation and fact checking all Trump lies, I'd love it.

But this was about an alarmist post of yours based on nothing. My suggestion, find a legit news source, NYT, Post, NPR, CNN, OPB. Leave off the Fox News, it will rot your brain.