Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select RWD base as base can be
Occupation
YouTuber
Country flag
Hey all,

So I found a few threads this set up here of using this puck/pad vs other types. I did a video to illustrate install as well as demo how my jack worked great with it. I went with red for better visibility.

I used blue loctite stick vs liquid to hold it.

Pick em up here
https://amzn.to/3h8npk3

follow up video 2 months later

Sponsored

Last edited:

Miav8r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE
Country flag
Thanks Rob! Question: Is there space inside the frame for the backing hardware to spin or will it hit the side? Put another way, will removing the puck be a nightmare?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks Rob! Question: Is there space inside the frame for the backing hardware to spin or will it hit the side? Put another way, will removing the puck be a nightmare?
My concern is removal also. I plan on using 3 m tape on both the backing hardware and puck itself

my thought on the 3 m on the backing piece is if you do want to remove the backing piece it will still grip the inside rail at least a bit helping (I hope) to unscrew unit.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey all,

So I found a few threads this set up here of using this puck/pad vs other types. I did a video to illustrate install as well as demo how my jack worked great with it. I went with red for better visibility.

Rob

it looked as if the puck you installed was over the trim peice also. Was that just an optical illusion ?

thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rob Daman

Rob Daman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select RWD base as base can be
Occupation
YouTuber
Country flag
It should be fine but a little tighter if you use blue loctite as I did. Once there's slack you'll move the puck towards the outside so the block sits against the wall. Also pulling the puck at at angle will put the block at an angle to prevent spinning. You just need to be aware not to back off the screw totally or that block will be a pita to retrieve.

ya that's a good idea. It should be sticky-ish unless the inner rail is oily which is unlikely.

My concern is removal also. I plan on using 3 m tape on both the backing hardware and puck itself

my thought on the 3 m on the backing piece is if you do want to remove the backing piece it will still grip the inside rail at least a bit helping (I hope) to unscrew unit.
not over but beside the trim so yes it's illusion.

Rob

it looked as if the luck you installed was over the trim peice also. Was that just an optical illusion ?

thanks

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just installed, got nervous when the backing kept turning but was finally able to get it grpiped.

didn’t take long, I just hope I never have to remove it as the backing will probably be stuck in there forever sliding around .

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hey all,

Great video!

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Hey all,

Pick em up here

Never stick your finger, any place you wouldn't stick your...

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Hey all,

Pick em up here

Thank you for the video. Good stuff there. I noticed you have a jackstand. I was just talking to my mechanic about this today.

When working on my car at home, by the time I jack up the car within the approved lift points, I don't have enough room to slide a jackstand into that location. How do you manage this?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thank you for the video. Good stuff there. I noticed you have a jackstand. I was just talking to my mechanic about this today.

When working on my car at home, by the time I jack up the car within the approved lift points, I don't have enough room to slide a jackstand into that location. How do you manage this?
Those lift points are for a 4 post lift. You can jack the car pretty much
anywhere along that structural member behind the rocker panel.

If you search the forum then you might find one of my threads where I posted photos. Tire rotation.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Great video Rob. I went with black pads and lift stickers because I didn't want them to be noticeable at all from looking at the sides (only while looking under the car). I'm the only one that works on my car (until I get the HVBJB replaced) but I think colored pads are definitely more noticeable than black ones even with stickers and for owners that are always having their cars worked on (tire rotations, changing to winter tires, etc.) that is the way to go.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Corvette Jack Pads installed IMG_3531

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Great video Rob. I went with black pads and lift stickers because I didn't want them to be noticeable at all from looking at the sides (only while looking under the car). I'm the only one that works on my car (until I get the HVBJB replaced) but I think colored pads are definitely more noticeable than black ones even with stickers and for owners that are always having their cars worked on (tire rotations, changing to winter tires, etc.) that is the way to go.

It was a great one

I saw the post from @slimothyjames . I bought the black pucks first and then returned them for the blue ones as I bring it in to independent shops to work on tires etc. and wanted it to be more visible

I had put the yellow lift stickers on a few weeks ago but cut it in half, the arrow side where you have them and the “lift here” where the lift should go

When I installed the pucks they ended up over the “lift here” sticker. Didn’t matter as that part was irrelevant with puck installed

I kept procrastinating for weeks even though I “tested” the install, until I saw this video and installed right away.

I appreciate all the info derived from members of this forum, a wealth of knowledge

Thanks everyone

gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE (Declined Delivery); 2023 BMW iX M60
Country flag

This looks great and I will want to do something like this once I receive my car. A question and a request please.

You say you went black because you did not want the installation to be noticeable at all from the sides. Does this mean that another color would be noticeable from the sides? I cannot quite tell from the picture, but does part of this sticker come over the edge of the bottom trim just a little bit?

Would it be possible to get a picture or two from a low angle a few feet away from the car please? A slightly bigger overall perspective of the location / placement of everything would help me out greatly since I lack familiarity with the car. It would also show how well hidden everything is with this installation.

Thank you in advance, this forum really is a super helpful place.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Took a few pictures.

from passenger side I was 10 ft away on my knees and from the drivers side I was 6 feet away Also on my knees.

I also took a picture of 2 of the pucks, the driver Side, rear and front

hope this helps

F7400F7A-1ADF-49B3-8FE0-17F6EECB9FFE.jpeg

B47224F7-5083-4525-B58B-AEF1F65A1411.jpeg

24DF3BEB-E3A4-4DA2-AF77-A2E210A89603.jpeg

C1EB7989-960D-4947-8EAF-ECC44BBE8D1A.jpeg

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This looks great and I will want to do something like this once I receive my car. A question and a request please.

You say you went black because you did not want the installation to be noticeable at all from the sides. Does this mean that another color would be noticeable from the sides? I cannot quite tell from the picture, but does part of this sticker come over the edge of the bottom trim just a little bit?

Would it be possible to get a picture or two from a low angle a few feet away from the car please? A slightly bigger overall perspective of the location / placement of everything would help me out greatly since I lack familiarity with the car. It would also show how well hidden everything is with this installation.

Thank you in advance, this forum really is a super helpful place.
If you are standing next to the car or even back quite a ways, you will not see these pucks no matter what color they are. However if you bend down a bit, then you will see them and I didn't want that. You can see the black pucks when you are down low on the ground but they don't stick out like colored ones would. I am really picky and it's probably just me but I wanted the least noticeable puck under there. That is why I did not go with the Tesla pucks as they are really thick and can see them hanging down when you stand back and look at the sides. Of course many just use the Tesla pucks only when they lift the car but I wanted a permanent solution.

About my sticker placement, is it flat on the lower trim closest to the puck. You cannot see it at all unless you are on the ground looking up at the lower trim.

I'm changing out my tires this afternoon and have my car on the lift right now so cannot take photos of the car on the ground until later today. However, I see that Ken just posted the photos you wanted and you can see how these pucks are barely visible even when getting down on your knees like Ken did.
Sponsored