Cost of swapping Select model to Signature headlights ?

ArtyMachy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Select AWD
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Hi,
Would anyone here have an idea what it wold cost me to buy and switch headlights on my Select version to Signature ones like the Premium version.
Signature headlights is the feature I miss the most about not going with Premium but for the price difference I should be able to switch them after I get the car. Just wondering what lights like this might go for ???
Sponsored

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
You'd better sit down for this one. LED headlights and assemblies are hideously expensive. You have to replace the entire thing. On the Bolt they're $1100.00 each. On our Camry with adaptive LED's, the feature that cost $400 new, is $2450.00 to replace, per side.

Installation not included.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Hi,
Would anyone here have an idea what it wold cost me to buy and switch headlights on my Select version to Signature ones like the Premium version.
Signature headlights is the feature I miss the most about not going with Premium but for the price difference I should be able to switch them after I get the car. Just wondering what lights like this might go for ???
Even if you are able to do a direct swap, my guess is a new, full headlight assembly is likely >$1000 for a pair.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
On the other hand, it won't be too long before the aftermarket has plenty of DOT legal options for you. I'd stick with the Select ones and see what pops up down the line.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It's silly expensive.

Here's one of them. (If you hit that link, be sure to filter to 2021 Mustang Mach-E in order to see the parts.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cost of swapping Select model to Signature headlights ? 1606702412168

The control unit shown in the diagram has a different shape/look compared to the one for the reflector headlights. If the control unit is sold separately from the assembly, then add another couple hundred for each side:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cost of swapping Select model to Signature headlights ? 1606702507343

OP
OP

ArtyMachy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Select AWD
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It's silly expensive.

Here's one of them. (If you hit that link, be sure to filter to 2021 Mustang Mach-E in order to see the parts.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cost of swapping Select model to Signature headlights ? 1606702507343

The control unit shown in the diagram has a different shape/look compared to the one for the reflector headlights. If the control unit is sold separately from the assembly, then add another couple hundred for each side:

OMG, i thought $1000 each at the most. That is crazy. I guess I will just wait for aftermarket options.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Well, that answers another question for me.

I was wondering about swapping out headlights for the adaptive headlights if they ever get approved for US use.

But at $3,333 (for just parts), it's not going to happen.

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Toyota 4Runner, MME Premium AWD ER (order accepted!)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The lighting control module references halogen lights, which is obviously wrong.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The lighting control module references halogen lights, which is obviously wrong.
There are lots of errors and omitted info throughout the whole Parts web site. If you need parts, it's best to get the correct part numbers from the existing part (if replacing with identical), a service manual, or the professionals in the dealership Parts department. Then go from there.

OP
OP

ArtyMachy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Select AWD
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Actually, does anyone even have a video of Reflector Headlight anywhere ?
I would like to compare the reflector one with Projector that will be offered on Premium.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Well, that answers another question for me.

I was wondering about swapping out headlights for the adaptive headlights if they ever get approved for US use.

But at $3,333 (for just parts), it's not going to happen.
This may be able to be coded back on if they haven't changed the hardware....this is how it is on my BMW. Plenty of coders out there on the BMW scene who will turn this feature on for around $100.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
OMG, i thought $1000 each at the most. That is crazy. I guess I will just wait for aftermarket options.
There won't be aftermarket solutions....this isn't an f150 with 800k+ sales annually. If the lights are important to you, then spend the money now.

Deleted member 4004

Oh wow, I noticed that the Select had the different "look" headlamps, but I still prefer the trim of the Standard over the Premium as I cannot handle the piano black trim around the wheel wells and under door panel as that will drive this OCD guy insane. ? Thanks for asking this question as I would swap the headlamps, but not for those prices. Oh and I take delivery of my Select Space White model (hopefully) on June 18th. ?? Awesome forum.

Terik2005

First Name
Terik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-e California Route 1
Occupation
Train Engineer
Country flag
What are the chances the control module could be swapped on our reflector lights. Lol they could be the same I highly doubt it but sometimes you hear about stuff being the same throughout all models and slight mods make them interchangeable. I have a Cali rt 1
Sponsored