Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

MachErik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue MME SR AWD
Country flag
Truthfully they suck. I'd say don't bother so far they're still the only fitted cover so... biggest issue for me, the material is essentially low grade neoprene backing material that's meant to have a shell layer on top of it. Some dealers are selling them online for less than 169. I got mine for around 130. Even then extremely over priced

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Country flag
Truthfully they suck. I'd say don't bother so far they're still the only fitted cover so... biggest issue for me, the material is essentially low grade neoprene backing material that's meant to have a shell layer on top of it. Some dealers are selling them online for less than 169. I got mine for around 130. Even then extremely over priced
thanks for the reply - that's disappointing.

Do they support a 40/60 split of the seats?

I already have a cover that's nice enough back there for when I carry the dog, but it's not full seat wrapping - the sides are exposed... so if this one does a seat split, it might be reasonable to put it under the one I have now and just have both on.

MachErik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue MME SR AWD
Country flag
Yes it does support the 60/40 split. I'd look into the weather tech ones also. I reached out to cover craft and cover king both said they'd have higher quality versions available by now but nothing has materialized.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
thanks for the reply - that's disappointing.

Do they support a 40/60 split of the seats?

I already have a cover that's nice enough back there for when I carry the dog, but it's not full seat wrapping - the sides are exposed... so if this one does a seat split, it might be reasonable to put it under the one I have now and just have both on.
yes, they do handle the 60/40 split and the armrest in/out. I actually think they are fine, but I am not a connoisseur of seat covers....

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetMachE

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Country flag
Yes it does support the 60/40 split. I'd look into the weather tech ones also. I reached out to cover craft and cover king both said they'd have higher quality versions available by now but nothing has materialized.
yes, they do handle the 60/40 split and the armrest in/out. I actually think they are fine, but I am not a connoisseur of seat covers....
Thank you both. Might be a reasonable use of FordPass points. ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Thank you both. Might be a reasonable use of FordPass points. ?
That's what I used my FP points for. I also got the rear cargo mat, and I think that is very good as well. Just this morning I loaded scarlett up with a bunch of cut up brush that went to the town dump. I just wiped the remaining debris from the folded down seatbacks into the mat, pulled out the mat, and shook it off right there at the dump - worked like a charm. I actually just bought the front ones yesterday as well, and while they aren't a perfect fit they are pretty nice for seatcovers IMHO.

MachErik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue MME SR AWD
Country flag
The ballistic nylon on the back of them per timbop's anecdote is perfect. The whole cover should honestly be made from that. The material that actually covers the leather is neither tough nor water repellent so anything remotely sharp or wet will penetrate it. It essentially only keeps things out of the perforated leather which is definitely a plus but not much beyond that. Coupled with the dog seat cover/protector you should be fine though.
Sponsored