Cracked Front Windshield Replacement Price ?

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
Well my MMEv GT Perf. sustained a 7 inch crack in the front windshield due to a flying rock on the freeway recently. Since the glass is an OEM specific item I wanted to find out what the price tag looks like for a dealership order. I was quoted ~$1,300 for the glass order with a 4 to 6 week delivery time. Hoping my Progressive insurance company lets me get this done through the dealership. Anyone else have front windshield replacement experiences?
Sponsored

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Well my MMEv GT Perf. sustained a 7 inch crack in the front windshield due to a flying rock on the freeway recently. Since the glass is an OEM specific item I wanted to find out what the price tag looks like for a dealership order. I was quoted ~$1,300 for the glass order with a 4 to 6 week delivery time. Hoping my Progressive insurance company lets me get this done through the dealership. Anyone else have front windshield replacement experiences?
I had mine replaced in July as part of the recall. It had two cracks from rocks so I had to buy the windshield through my Ford Dealership ($1143) then got reimbursed from my insurance. Only took a few days to arrive. I imagine shipping yours to Hawaii adds the extra time and cost you were quoted. Good luck with the replacement!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Out of curiosity, why would you go to the dealership for glass replacement? Isn't it likely that they'll just farm it out to a glass shop anyway?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I paid $1000 for OEM glass installed (Ford logo with Soundscreen) last year at an independent windshield place (the one my dealer outsources to). That was without recalibration, which they would have charged $175 for. They equipment was broken that day so they said just have the dealer do it. But it wasn't really needed as everything worked fine (lane centering, speed sign recognition, distance warning, etc).

jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
I had mine replaced about a month ago. 3rd party shop had to order via a Ford dealer. I have glass coverage through insurance (really a must-have in CO) so no direct cost to me. Windshield ordered in mid-August, took until Mid-November to arrive. I assume that the 3rd party store didn't get priority ordering status via the dealership.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had mine replaced about a month ago. 3rd party shop had to order via a Ford dealer. I have glass coverage through insurance (really a must-have in CO) so no direct cost to me. Windshield ordered in mid-August, took until Mid-November to arrive. I assume that the 3rd party store didn't get priority ordering status via the dealership.
Surprised you could find an insurer that offered windshield coverage here. Most don't anymore. Mine doesn't (AmFam thru Costco).

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I had mine replaced at Safelite a few weeks, paid by American Family Insurance (full glass coverage). Since the vehicle is from the current or prior model year (2021 or 2022), Safelite/Amfam allowed me to request the original equipment glass.

This is the IRR + acoustic glass version of the windshield. I'm not sure what your GTPE has but it's probably the same. (Look for "IRR" in the bottom left corner of the glass.)

If you are required to pay out of pocket and won't be reimbursed, then you should probably skip the camera recalibration, since I think on the Mach-E it auto calibrates after driving at normal road speeds for half a mile or so.

As you can see below, the glass by itself was $562, prior to labor and urethane, etc.

Here is the redacted receipt:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cracked Front Windshield Replacement Price ? safelite receipt

Beerbronco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT (Moody Blue); 2012 Xterra
Country flag
Surprised you could find an insurer that offered windshield coverage here. Most don't anymore. Mine doesn't (AmFam thru Costco).
I have State Farm and have had glass coverage on my last 4 vehicles. It adds a few dollars to my monthly but it is worth it.

TheBraydenKyle

First Name
Brayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Sales Management
Country flag
I was quoted about $1500 for parts and labor but, luckily, I have a replacement plan. I’ve been waiting for a new windshield for nearly two months now though. I have several cracks ranging from about 5 inches to 12 or more.

OP
OP
Valkyrie

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
Just had this great idea. Originally before my MMEv build Ford was offering acoustic glass for the MMEv's, then they removed that feature. Any chance Ford might allow me to replace my cracked window with the IRR+ Acoustic?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just had this great idea. Originally before my MMEv build Ford was offering acoustic glass for the MMEv's, then they removed that feature. Any chance Ford might allow me to replace my cracked window with the IRR+ Acoustic?
Since you (and/or your insurance) are paying for it, you can probably get whatever you want (assuming they can find the glass in stock somewhere). If the dealership won't do it, find a glass service that will.

Here's the numbers for the OEM Soundscreen glass on mine.

20210910_105132.jpg

Last edited:

jeffMachE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, XC60, RR Prem Ex4 (rcvd 11/21)
Country flag
State Farm still offers coverage. We have it on 3 vehicles and get windshields replaced on the average of every 2 years (so 1 windshield every 8 month). Think it costs me something like $3/mo per vehicle. Wouldn't bother with it except for the rocks that the highway department spreads that they call sand.

Satisfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I also have progressive and just a tiny little crack from a rock maybe smaller than a quarter, I'm hoping to get it repaired instead of replaced. can you tell me how long it took and what the cost was ultimately? did you take it to the dealership first or a glass shop?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I also have progressive and just a tiny little crack from a rock maybe smaller than a quarter, I'm hoping to get it repaired instead of replaced. can you tell me how long it took and what the cost was ultimately? did you take it to the dealership first or a glass shop?
Not sure how it works in California, but for a repairable crack, you just file a claim with Progressive and they'll help you get a windshield repair place to come to your location and fix it for you. It takes no more than an hour for the repair and usually they can come within a few days.

Here in AZ windshield glass repairs (not replacements) have always been covered free through insurance with supposedly no impact to future premiums. They'd rather we get our glass repaired before the problem grows and requires replacement or causes an accident due to distraction or impaired visibility, etc.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We had a rock hit and cause a starburst crack while on a road trip. Stopped in the next city and found a windshield repair place that could repair it right away with the standard drill & fill. Cost about 45 bucks IIRC.
Sponsored