Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
Having to replace several vehicle windscreens every year here in SC... these Roof images are making more more and more worried. Since they are not covered by the Road Hazard Insurance... So many bad roads , Interstates... always rocks and debris flying up in front. Almost doesn't pay to have nice things.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Out of blue my roof cracked. There is no physical blunt damage. No indentions at all. Not sure what caused this. I have a feeling the heat and stress caused this.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Cracked roof F82AB5C6-BFEE-4174-8051-5055415C1AB1
this definitely looks different than what at least one other member posted, which was pretty clearly a physical impact. this looks more like a "kind of crap that sometimes happens with glass" thing.

I'd expect this particular type of damage to be covered by Ford without too many questions. but I presume you're going to go to the dealer and find out.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
this definitely looks different than what at least one other member posted, which was pretty clearly a physical impact. this looks more like a "kind of crap that sometimes happens with glass" thing.

I'd expect this particular type of damage to be covered by Ford without too many questions. but I presume you're going to go to the dealer and find out.
Agreed, that looks like a stress fracture and not an impact since there are two points at the front edge of the glass in close proximity. If it were an impact, it would likely only be cracked at one point along the front edge and propagate backwards.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The way the section on the right moved forward, it almost looks like tectonic plate shifting.

OP
OP

kutcht

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e premium
Country flag
Update...dealership took pictures. Said it looks stress related. No signs of impact. Said it takes Ford 1-2 weeks to hear back. Then said no telling how long to get this item. Said they don’t normally pull from assembly line.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
ah the third report now..
the third report of a roof cracking that wasn't caused by physical impact?

because physical impact reports are noise. nobody ever says "OH MY GOD THE WINDSHIELDS ARE CRAP BECAUSE SOMEONE HIT IT WITH SOMETHING AND IT BROKE!" and that is literally the exact same thing except a different part of the car.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Repair was good. Looks like it did before. Nothing sticking out that I have seen so far.

Last edited:

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Out of blue my roof cracked. There is no physical blunt damage. No indentions at all. Not sure what caused this. I have a feeling the heat and stress caused this.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Cracked roof F82AB5C6-BFEE-4174-8051-5055415C1AB1
This is the fourth one I have seen. Out of all of them, this one does look more like a stress crack and not being hit than the others.

OP
OP

kutcht

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e premium
Country flag
This is the fourth one I have seen. Out of all of them, this one does look more like a stress crack and not being hit than the others.
The body shop said it looked like stress bc the glass shifted. I am sure Ford will say not my prob and then I pay my deductible. I hope this isn’t a yearly thing. Only 2k miles on it. Still don’t have my plates yet. Ha.
Sponsored

Last edited: