First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Why? Not like i did it on purpose, just shows that shit can happen and more as we rely on technology.
What I'm going to assume, since @RickMachE said he wouldn't admit, is that he's been in your shoes aside from the part where you publicly acknowledge mistakes. ?

So you are the teacher in this scenario. Thanks for your learned wisdom. :)
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I never press on a break, which I think helps me stop breaking my car when I brake it.

OP
OP
xingusx

xingusx

First Name
Ingus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Ops Director
Country flag
I’m gonna be a jerk here, but this just doesn’t surprise me at all after your donuts in grass post. Like not one bit. Glad you and the other person are ok though. Good luck on the repairs.
Jep, you are a jerk. What has doughnuts got to do with what happened. Not like i was doing some tricks and ended up in the fence. I wish nothing similar e er happen to anyone and got nothing to do with couple doughnuts on wasteland. Little fun does not make me a bad driver nor a dangerous driver especially if done on private land away from people. So your comment was expected but completely unreasonable. I have held a clean licence for 17 years with no incidents or accidents as i keep my "fun" to minimum and off the roads.. sorry, but you are wrong.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What I'm going to assume, since @RickMachE said he wouldn't admit, is that he's been in your shoes aside from the part where you publicly acknowledge mistakes. ?

So you are the teacher in this scenario. Thanks for your learned wisdom. :)
Sorry, you cannot prove that, it happened before social media, and cell phones, and digital pictures,...

Yeah, first year of driving. A few of them actually. I have a Datsun 280Z hood in my basement, waiting for my retirement mancave, with a big dent in it because I popped the car in front of me on the LIE when I was driving it and shouldn't have been. Cost me close to a grand, so my parents gifted it to me, and I've moved it for 40+ years.

rzanzerkia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Acura TL, 2016 MB GLE350, 2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
As with the Hold function my 1PD also has stopped working, so i was basically rolling slowly up to a stop point and as used to that the car Holds i think i released the pedals and it started rolling, the rest is a bit blurry as happened real fast, i know i had not freaked out like this ever, can still see the moment when i understand i have accelerated and i am hitting the car in front and there is nothing i can do. I dont think i will fully ever understand how and why mo foot landed on the wrong pedal after driving for 17 years daily. Definitely the Hold function and the 1PD function and having a new car combination did not help but my brain played a trick, and i was not tired and had no drink night before... just extremely bizarre i can nearly make myself believe that the pedal i hit was the right one but it accelerated instead of breaking, but dont think a glitch to a level like this would be possible, it must have been my brain?‍♂
I only had her for two weeks???
I can understand/relate the brain-freeze (which I think is what you experienced).
You were distracted and when you sensed the danger (rolling car) it happened so fast that brain was overloaded to react....

I had that happen last summer at a campground.
I pressed on the gas instead of a break. Never happened in my 40 years of driving.

Picture this...
= Duaghter car ==

...X... [ My RV triler]

..... Y [ Neighbor's truck ]

^
| My car

I was pulling my car towards X (to park in front of trailer) While watching Y (neighbor truck) and also thinking not to hit the hitch in front of my trailer. So my brain was processing 2 things.
I was doing all this little too quick and instead of breaking at the end I pressed gas.
If not for the swinging left at the last second I would have hit my daughter's car.

After settling down I realized my brain was processing 2 things and some one talked to me or I thought of something else and I did the wrong thing.
As if like computers, two processes at a time, third one and all bets are off :)

Last edited:

OP
OP
xingusx

xingusx

First Name
Ingus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ops Director
Country flag
I can understand/relate the brain-freeze (which I think is what you experienced).
You were distracted and when you sensed the danger (rolling car) it happened so fast that brain was overloaded to react....

I had that happen last summer at a campground.
I pressed on the gas instead of a break. Never happened in my 40 years of driving.

Picture this...
= Duaghter car ==

...X... [ My RV triler]

..... Y [ Neighbor's truck ]

^
| My car

I was pulling my car towards X (to park in front of trailer) While watching Y (neighbor truck) and also thinking not to hit the hitch in front of my trailer. So my brain was processing 2 things.
I was doing all this little too quick and instead of breaking at the end I pressed gas.
If not for the swinging left at the last second I would have hit my daughter's car.

After settling down I realized my brain was processing 2 things and some one talked to me or I thought of something else and I did the wrong thing.
As if like computers, two processes at a time, third one and all bets are off :)
I really relate to that and there is many people out there who have experienced this. Unfortunately it was with a new car, but i have to let it go as it has been eating me alive all day. What happened happened

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
I'm glad no one was hurt. The world is an inherently dangerous place; we must always be viligant.

rzanzerkia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Acura TL, 2016 MB GLE350, 2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
I really relate to that and there is many people out there who have experienced this. Unfortunately it was with a new car, but i have to let it go as it has been eating me alive all day. What happened happened
Sorry to hear about your experience with such a damage.
It's money, car will be repaired and no one got hurt.
At least now you know brain plays tricks on us from time to time and you're not the first one :)

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Jep, you are a jerk. What has doughnuts got to do with what happened. Not like i was doing some tricks and ended up in the fence. I wish nothing similar e er happen to anyone and got nothing to do with couple doughnuts on wasteland. Little fun does not make me a bad driver nor a dangerous driver especially if done on private land away from people. So your comment was expected but completely unreasonable. I have held a clean licence for 17 years with no incidents or accidents as i keep my "fun" to minimum and off the roads.. sorry, but you are wrong.
You totally and fairly opened yourself up to this reaction/opinion on your driving by posting here.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I don’t use 1PD or autohold. For the latter, I don’t like the idea of having my foot anywhere other than on the brake pedal if I am not moving, it makes me feel insecure.

In these types of situations, if you are not going to pay attention (because you need to reach in the back to grab something or whatever), I think it is much safer to just shift to park.

Aside from something like autohold or 1PD inadvertently disabling, what if you get rear ended while you are not paying attention? I would want my foot on the brake to instantly apply max brake pressure.

Leaving the car in drive while stopped is just asking for trouble, imo.

OP
OP
xingusx

xingusx

First Name
Ingus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ops Director
Country flag
You totally and fairly opened yourself up to this reaction/opinion on your driving by posting here.
At least it gives people stuff to talk about, i am not afraid of other opinions. The forum is to share, and i am sharing. People complain about updates, leaking roofs, battery range. I give them something to talk about- crashing whilst parked and doughnuts. Makes the life so much more interesting. I intend to drive the car for 3 years and i have only owned it for two weeks so something tells me it will be interesting 3 years. I guess for next 4 to 6 weeks i will be driving a petrol car with no Hold and 1pd functions. Depends what the insurance has to offer.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I figure if I never wash my car I'll be okay.
Yeah, I didn't want to bring that up, but...

My cars have never been to an automated car wash. I've used the spray wands in the self-service bays, but I've been driving for 40+ years and NEVER has a rotary brush loaded with grit, or cloth strips loaded with grit, touched my vehicles. And that includes minivans...

My current dealer likes to wash the cars for most services. I make them write not to on the paperwork. I even asked the body shop to not wash it, but they insisted on hosing it off due to all the body shop dust. I washed it when I got home...

So, if you didn't take your car to a car wash, then this never would have happened. ;)
Sponsored