OP
OP

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Then someone privately messaged me, 'You're full of s*** and I know what your Tesla looks like. If I see it …' That private message on Facebook was more threatening."
I read the whole article. The equivalent of “I hope you die” is not a death threat.
If you read the whole article, why didn't you mention the actual excerpt above?

Is he threatening vehicle damage or physical damage, or both, in your estimation?

Of course, people never follow up on threats, until they do.

Definition of road rage

: a motorist's uncontrolled anger that is usually provoked by another motorist's irritating act and is expressed in aggressive or violent behavior
Sponsored

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
typical of were we are. rather than argue the + and - of the cars argue the + and - of the person. I am all for love, peace and tolerance, and if you dont agree i will kill you!

Nick Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag
It was the same with Ford Falcon and Holden Commodore during the peak of their rivalry in Australia. These two cars sold at such volumes, it was incredible, add to the mix a V8 Touring Car race where it was just the two brands going at it. People out in the 'wild' would continue this rivalry on the streets.

Odd time

And as fierce as it got, there was never a death threat. Competition is great, competition is exciting but what Sergio got was disgusting and ultimately reflects on the drivers of this brand.

Being ex-Australian Defence Force I do want to say this, the American EOD guys were the real deal and I have a lot of respect for what they did and do.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
If you read the whole article, why didn't you mention the actual excerpt above?

Is he threatening vehicle damage or physical damage, or both, in your estimation?

Of course, people never follow up on threats, until they do.
+1

In a society where someone injured another person because of perceived long wait in a fast food line it totally understandable to take statements made by others as a threat - whether or not there is follow through.

In the end, there is no need for people to get so worked up. It's a car.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like both brands but it boggles my mind how people get so tribalistic over brands. Like who the hell really cares? Tesla fanboys are some of the worst on the internet though, I doubt most even own one
It goes both ways. This site has a ridiculous amount of Tesla-hate mostly from what they've seen on social media and news outlet, which is mostly clickbait articles. This site is only manageable, for me, by blocking a small portion of the users here.

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
100% agree. I can only imagine if the internet was around during the the Neon SRT days.....they would claim murder ?

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Rivalry is a good thing, just not when it goes too far. Remember Mustang vs. Camaro?
Now its Mustang vs. Tesla. Go Mustang!!!
(Bawwks)
I always loved reading Hot Rod and Car Craft about these very battles. I would always root for the Mustang since my mom owned a 1979 LX. (My favourite year is the 1982 btw... )

-Gryphon <><