All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
If this was not reported by USA today, I would not believe it.

Tesla owner with Mustang Mach-E reports threats on social media from Tesla fans

Phoebe Wall Howard
Sun, April 4, 2021, 8:19 AM·6 min read

Sergio Rodriguez never imagined saying nice things about his new Ford Mustang Mach-E would elicit "death threats" from Tesla owners on social media.
But this is 2021, after all. No one seems surprised by much.
What started this round of social media sparring was a tweet on Saturday by Jace Craft-Miller, who picked up his Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E First Edition on March 29.
The 29-year-old sales project manager from Cleveland, Ohio tweeted, "All these Tesla fanbois reach out saying how much they hate the Mach-E ... blah blah."
And Rodriguez, who was featured in the Detroit Free Press, part of the USA TODAY Network, in early March, replied, "I've had them message me death threats over my joy with the Mach-E."
Rodriguez, 41, a U.S. Army veteran who served two tours in Iraq and specialized in explosive ordnance disposal, is now a military contractor living in Saint Marys, Georgia.

The fiery debate among Ford and Tesla owners reflects the intensity surrounding a growing all-electric market dominated by Tesla. CEO Elon Musk is widely credited as an innovative leader who helped transform public perception of the vehicles.

As a result, Tesla has been a darling of Wall Street with a market value that exceeds all automotive competitors combined. The cars, which drivers compare to spaceships, are especially popular in California and China.

The Mach-E has been portrayed as the first serious competitor to Tesla in terms of sleek design, speed and handling.

The fiery debate among Ford and Tesla owners reflects the intensity surrounding a growing all-electric market dominated by Tesla. CEO Elon Musk is widely credited as an innovative leader who helped transform public perception of the vehicles.

As a result, Tesla has been a darling of Wall Street with a market value that exceeds all automotive competitors combined. The cars, which drivers compare to spaceships, are especially popular in California and China.

The Mach-E has been portrayed as the first serious competitor to Tesla in terms of sleek design, speed and handling.

Unsettled
When reading the threats from Tesla fans, Rodriguez said he didn't think to take screenshots before reporting the content to Facebook and Twitter.

"As messages were coming in, I was just hitting report," he told the Free Press on Saturday.

Rodriguez was so unsettled at 11:30 p.m. one night that he reached out to Mike Levine, Ford North America product communications manager, who himself had been targeted with relentless and harsh criticism online after defending Mach-E owners on Twitter.

Meanwhile, the posts submitted for review appear to have been removed.
There is more, here is the whole article.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-owner-mustang-mach-e-151927893.html
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Teslastans are the worst thing about Tesla. even worse than Mr. Pedoguy.

I don't think they have any grasp of how incredibly damaging they are for the brand.

BIGBIGSURGE

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X P100D, 2017 Hyundai Ioniq EV
Country flag
Hey @BIGBIGSURGE, sorry to see so many nasty things directed to you and your family. Glad you're enjoying both of your EVs and still spreading the EV love.
Thanks, it’s unreal how aggressive some folks act. I’m exhausted

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
This is my shocked face. ?

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
I like both brands but it boggles my mind how people get so tribalistic over brands. Like who the hell really cares? Tesla fanboys are some of the worst on the internet though, I doubt most even own one
It's because it's more than a brand to them. It's something they've built a personal identity around. Which is mainly sad if you can get past the disgusting threatening comments.

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
Teslastans are the worst thing about Tesla. even worse than Mr. Pedoguy.

I don't think they have any grasp of how incredibly damaging they are for the brand.
Absolutely.
What a bummer.
Tesla was certainly one of my considerations but I just couldn’t resist ?‍♂ the MME
Tesla’s sparked ? my interest, but MME led the charge ? into my head over heels commitment to the EV world.
I don’t want to be associated to any of that fanatical nonsense, makes my head hertz ?
I’m so lame. ?

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag