OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
You don't have to spend much time online to see the extremes of the Tesla love/hate debate. Most people are quietly in the middle, but the people on the extremes tend to make the most noise. (Remind you of anything else?)

I'm sure these people are *probably* harmless and taking advantage of the relative anonymity of the internet to say things that they would never, ever say to another human in person. Still, it sucks when it is directed at you. Internet bullying is real. It has real consequences to the receiver, and very often no consequences to the sender.

FUNgineer

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2018 F150 Lariat FX4, 2021 X5 45e
Occupation
Nerd, Dungeon Master
Country flag
I'd say some of them don't even own a Tesla but are instead stock holders
Agreed; and they are watching their shares drop quickly as the worldwide market for BEVs gets more crowded and Tesla's total market share shrinks.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Some of the competitive talk can get out of hand, I enjoy seeing Teslas drive by. I am pro seeing any interesting car drive by. Too many silver Camrys out there in the world. I know not everyone can get a Mach-E or a Tesla, but I always appreciate seeing something like a red Mazda 3 go by instead of a silver or grey Camry/Accord/Sonata.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Rivalry is a good thing, just not when it goes too far. Remember Mustang vs. Camaro?
Now its Mustang vs. Tesla. Go Mustang!!!
And we get Mustang vs Mustang, too.

OP
OP

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Then someone privately messaged me, 'You're full of s*** and I know what your Tesla looks like. If I see it …' That private message on Facebook was more threatening."
In this city, you would be able to file a Police Report with a printout of that message. They take those "just in case" reports regularly, and keep them on file.

How do I know this? My wife is a retired Las Vegas Metro PD Administrator, 29 years, and the Records Department she supervised took these reports. They still do.

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
It's a cult.. You wonder why Elon wants his own town/city..

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
It's because it's more than a brand to them. It's something they've built a personal identity around. Which is mainly sad if you can get past the disgusting threatening comments.
This is just like Apple users versus the IBM PC users in the past century. Yet in the 1990s, IBM and Apple worked TOGETHER to create the PowerPC architecture, and produce the POWER servers for IBM and the PowerMacs for Apple. IBM actually supplied PowerPC chips for Apple machines! Even some Nintendo game sets used IBM chips:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC

Why can't Tesla and Ford work it out somehow? If GM and Honda have a partnership just as Ford and VW have, would it be better that all the manufacturers cooperated to advance the migration from ICEVs to EVs worldwide? If not, then we will end up with Tesla versus every other EV brand, just as iPhones versus all the Android phones.

Edit: Toyota will start another partnership with Tesla. Maybe this will cool down those Teslaboys:
https://www.caradvice.com.au/940230...oyota-to-deliver-bargain-electric-suv-report/
https://insideevs.com/news/497724/tesla-toyota-potential-electric-car-partnership/

Last edited: